• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

FA Cup Rovers v Accrington (FA Cup)

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Accrington

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Accrington (FA Cup)
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, November 7, 2020 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, November 7, 2020 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
A tough FA Cup tie against League One Accrington, but a game we are capable of winning. Accrington sit comfortably in mid table in the division above, but I actually think the gap in quality between the two sides is smaller now than when we played them in League One last season (if there is a gulf at all).

Rovers have a fully fit squad to choose from, with the exception of Stefan Payne, but I expect we will set up with a similar starting line up and formation to Tuesday night. It is interesting that in his pre-match interview Ian Dawes mentioned a 'positive approach' and 'not being afraid of the opposition', on several occasions. A definite break with the recent past.

The money from an FA Cup run would be very useful, as it was in the last two seasons, but it would be particularly nice to get one over on Accrington's pious Chairman, Andy Holt, who presents himself as a guardian of football morals on Twitter, but was happy to throw us under a bus last season.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I take it that Ferrier probably wont be involved although think is back in training.

Certainly a winnable game as virtually there entire squad will only have trained couple of times and not played in over 2 weeks.

Hopefully we will take the game to them and have a good go at them.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yes I noticed that RLC from Dawes interview. Definitely making a statement implying we were too defensive under Jacko

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think we'll give it a good go here. The pressures of the league are off and they might actually go out there and enjoy it. Expecting a decent game with a few goals. 3-2 to Rovers.

Last edited:
Player
ian goodison
Yes I noticed that RLC from Dawes interview. Definitely making a statement implying we were too defensive under Jacko
wonder if jacko had forgotton he was now the manager and still thought of himself still the coach, seems micky left the coaching to him but picked the team

ADD

Player
Norwood
Have a feeling we may well win this. They only were back in training yesterday so they will be severelyundercooked whereas we are all fit bar Payne. Also new Manager will likely be in the stands like MM was at Wrexham all those years ago so they will all be keen to turn up.
That said wonder whether Vaughan and maybe Clarke will be rested?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I hope so Add. Tues win will have given the lads a boost too! Why do you think Vaughan and Clarke may be rested?

ADD

Player
Norwood
I hope so Add. Tues win will have given the lads a boost too! Why do you think Vaughan and Clarke may be rested?
Just because with no crowds the financial rewards of the FA Cup won't be happening. Just wondered if they might want to rest one or two. I doubt they will however - was just thinking out loud so to speak...

Reactions: Ian
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The financial rewards are actually still pretty big, in terms of prize money and potential TV revenue.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Already committed to another event, so I won't be watching on Ifollow today. Hope that we can get through to the next round, for both financial benefits and a recent dislike of their chairman Andy Holt for the reasons RLC sets out.

Think we'll start with a similar formation to Harrogate, though Khan may start after his winner during the week. Not sure how it will end up, but on a good day we're capable of winning.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Some suggestion the match may be on radio Merseyside