• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers Sign Francis From Sheffield United

• Thread starter championship_here_we_come
  • Start date
C

championship_here_we_come

Tranmere Rovers have signed 20 year old defender Simon Francis from Championship top of the table side Sheffield United on a month loan.

Manager Brian Little said: "Simon comes from a good club and has been playing first team football this season.He is very mobile, quick, strong and is a good passer of the ball."

He goes straight into the squad for Rovers' away game at Scunthorpe United tomorrow but will be unavailable for the LDV tie against Rochdale at Prenton Park on Tuesday.

C

It Gives Us The Option Of Going Back To Three Centre Backs

we already had that option as we have 4 centre backs at the club linwood jackson goodi and sharps (in order of how good they are)

the place we were missing was a right back/right wingback idiot

panic signing me thinks

WHO WHO WHO WHO WHO WHO WHO WHO WHO WHO Cares

Jesus Christ BL has officially lost the plot

Message to Brian :- Matches are won by scoring goals not filling the team with 10 outfield defenders

Please GO now before its too late

loan signings my arse, panic button has been pressed me thinks

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
he was told to go make signings, people were complainong that we werent signing anyone, so what is everyone complaining about.

get your head together.

J

JD

Shutting the barn door after the horse has bolted.

Everyone knew Taylor was leaving after last season - and how long and at what cost has it taken to actually replace him ..... oh yes ... and just for a month!

WHOOOPIE BLUMMIN DO - I'M LOSING THE WILL!!!!!!!!!

M

Matthew The Rover

I know some of you will not be too pleased with me putting an artical up from my site, but read it. I know a couple of Sheffield United fans and one gave me his view on Francis, and it looks like Brian has signed a good 'un!

Link to external website removed, text follows instead:
Sheffield United fan, Russ, told Tranmere Rovers mad that "Francis was a class act, until he got injured. Simon is very versatile. He can play left midfield, central midfield, right back and center back, or even, if need, right wing. I'd personally say his best position is right-back, and I'm looking forward to seeing him back to full fitness after his injury.
He's not the bravest defender, and his heading is not the best, which isn't great for a defender, but he does the job well, thats the important thing.
From what I can remember of him, his passing was good and he was good at running with the ball, but I can't remember his crossing too much!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
CHWC... Little has said that he thinks that his best position is right wing back... hence why we can go back to 3 centre backs as we now have a right wing back to go with Robbo who can play left wing back. I think this a good signing and Bradford, Grimsby and Sheff Utd fans all rate him.

M

Matthew The Rover

Yea, defo could pick up by sounds of things. Maybe get him till January.

C

Joe_TRFC said:
CHWC... Little has said that he thinks that his best position is right wing back

sorry i didnt realise i jsut read the quote from the link picture and persummed he played centre back this is also were he is said to play on the 1st story about him signing for us

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Right back or central midfield apparently.

Sounds perfect to me. Time will tell I guess.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Doesn't sound like he will start today but will apparently be on the bench.

Al Jolson Singing Mammy said:
WHO WHO WHO WHO WHO WHO WHO WHO WHO WHO Cares

Jesus Christ BL has officially lost the plot

Message to Brian :- Matches are won by scoring goals not filling the team with 10 outfield defenders

Please GO now before its too late

loan signings my arse, panic button has been pressed me thinks

totally agree with you there AJSM!

why can't he sign attack minded players?

always the defensive type!GET LOST LITTLE! :evil:

M

Matthew The Rover

I don't understand you. You call for change of formation, change in players, Linwood back, Summerbee out, and then he does it and you complain. Looks like Francis could be a damn good signing with Linwood and Tremaco out now, who else will play at right-back? Good signing and a good player.
We don't need attacking players. We have them, but Little doesn't play them.
Infact, I'll name them for you:

Chris Greenacre (plays)
Delroy Facey (plays)
Calvin Zola (rare sub)
Chris Dagnall (rare sub)
Steve Davies (first teamer)
Theo Whitmore (rare sub)
Paul Brown (reserves)
Steven Jennings (plays)
Sam Aiston (first teamer)

So there you have it. We have the players, they just aren't playing. Of late the defence has been the problem. Losing concentration and conceeding after 55 mins, giving a way stupid penalties, more at passing (esspessially Linwood and Sharps) etc. Brian sorted this problem out at Scunthorpe, as the 220 of us who went will know.