• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers Reserves 0-2 Man City A

Player
Johnny Morrissey
The reserves lost 2-0 at Prenton last night against the Man City A team (youths mainly I believe as they have a "reserve" which play in the Premier League Reserve League or sommet). The report on the club's official site is a bit vague but this City blog gives you a really good account of the game.

http://mcfcreserves-academy.blogspot.com/2009/03/tranmere-rovers-offer-no-bite.html

Seems we had a few trialists on show including the keeper. At least a few other names that I don't recognise so assume they be trialists. Did anybody go to the game? Seems we've had a few trialists at the club and in the reserves of late but nobody seems to have stood out and thus no real further interest in signing them. Anybody seen anything of the reserves to give a more informed opinion?

Claire

Reserves

To be honest we were awful. Man City were well ahead and should have scored more. Didnt recognise half the team myself and I go regularly to the reserves - lot of kids. Dont think the goalie will be stopping long. Couldnt understand why Curran wasn't given another run and other regulars - Henry etc missing (poss cos in squad for Sat) Knew I should have stayed home in the warmth and watched Corrie. Not a bad crowd and a few City fans.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Yeah the goalie let the goals in through his legs according to the reports so imagine he won't be hanging around long! As for Curran - he was pulled out cos Ian Moore got injured in training on Tuesday so Curran being saved in case he's needed to start on Saturday.