• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers old boys

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Was one of the better players at Fylde last season apparently, yet not offered a new deal. Don’t know the ins and outs of it. Would be really surprised if he came back here but hope he can secure a new contract.
Yes I saw a bit of him and read match reports. He was a regular and stayed fit and got goals/assists. The change in manager may have impacted but he was in national league north so I’m sure some national league teams at least would take him on a free

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Option for us. Squad player/ impact off the bench. Cheaper than McNanaman I'm sure, and especially we're not playing extensively with wingers? - save a few quid for elsewhere.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
It brought to mind Iain Dowie leaving Crystal Palace to be nearer his family in the North, and being appointed by Charlton a week later!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
See Sid Nelson now with NL Woking.He seems to have a rough time with injuries, missing nearly all of last season at Northampton. That may account from him dropping down a level. Hope it works out for him!
As an aside, noted one of Woking’s sponsors is Boz’s fruit and veg. No connection that I know of:)

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
A shame for Nelson dropping to the NL although sounds like he turned down FL offers. The bad injury at Northampton will have knocked him back and hopefully he can stay injury free. Hard to forget how well he played at Wembley v Newport.

As for Nors, despite seeing him at PP last night he was always going to get league one interest. Barnsley have decent money coming down from the championship and having sold their two top scorers from last season. Good luck to him but will be interesting if he can play more games than he did at Ipswich

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Kaiyne Woolery didn't feel settled in Scotland so has moved to... Turkey. You couldn't make it up!
He got a three year deal at the well when leaving us. Only scored twice so didn’t really work out for him. Suspect he’ll be back in England after a season in turkey.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
He got a three year deal at the well when leaving us. Only scored twice so didn’t really work out for him. Suspect he’ll be back in England after a season in turkey.
I think he followed the money to Scotland and should get even more in Turkey. He’s not a stayer and I can’t imagine even some decent kebabs will keep him long in Turkey.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Jonny Smith still rumoured to be leaving burton after they sign another attacking midfielder. Wonder if we’ll have a chance of bringing him back to PP

Colin K

Player
Ryan Taylor
He was well thought of by the Motherwell fans and for some reason the manager didn't choose to play him much towards the back end of last season apart from off the bench. He was also employed more as a RW rather than an advance forward.

He's gone to a newly promoted team into the Turkish 1st division where you'd think he will be getting better paid than at Motherwell - and he still have two years left on his contract so they must have received a decent fee for him. That being siad, there's traditionally been issues with players getting wages in Turkey (Stevie Mallan just moved to Salford from Turkey as he wasn't getting paid) so I hope he has plenty in his savings just in case!

Salfordwhite

Player
Michael Ricketts
He was well thought of by the Motherwell fans and for some reason the manager didn't choose to play him much towards the back end of last season apart from off the bench. He was also employed more as a RW rather than an advance forward.

He's gone to a newly promoted team into the Turkish 1st division where you'd think he will be getting better paid than at Motherwell - and he still have two years left on his contract so they must have received a decent fee for him. That being siad, there's traditionally been issues with players getting wages in Turkey (Stevie Mallan just moved to Salford from Turkey as he wasn't getting paid) so I hope he has plenty in his savings just in case!
Teams in Turkey owe more in wages than actually pay!!

Just three years since Micky started him in our first game back in L1, Jordan Ponticelli has signed for Kings Lynn Town in VNL North.

Yes, I think that’s often the danger when we sign young lads whose dreams of making it at a bigger club have just been dashed. It takes something out of them that they sometimes never get back and, before they know it, they slip through us and end up in non league.

It‘s a pity for PonticellI that Wrexham have now got three L1/L2 standard strikers, mind, as I thought he might still be able to do a job at national level.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The issue however in his case is that MM should never have recruited him and never had played him. he really was poor.
Or to put it correctly, Palios/Beck/Mellon should not have recruited him. Fortunately the recruitment strategy has improved since that time, as has our financial competitiveness in the market.

I think he only featured in one or two games before Mellon sidelined him.