• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers old boys

drwhoman

He has played as an inside forward in a front three and in the number ten position, not as a winger. He will have played both positions previously at Liverpool.

The rest of your comments really just back up my original remark that we are wasting money on him. If our contribution to his wages was peanuts, his failure to even make the matchday squad would not be an issue. But the contribution is significant, so it is an issue.

We do not exist to act as a nursery for Liverpool. If he is struggling to overcome his injuries, ultimately that is Liverpool's problem, not ours.
I do not disagree with you RLC. Glatzel has been a disappointment. I just felt that one or two comments, not from you, sounded a bit harsh on a young player trying to make his way in the game.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Intersting article below - the writer seems convinced Glatzel has always played as an out and out CF for Liverpool U23's albeit clearly not a target man as we are playing Nevitt. Given that, which I have to say was always my understanding it is entirely understandable why he has not impressed when playing out of position for us though clearly his lack of physicality is an issue wherever he plays in league football!
I can't imagine Liverpool not pulling him back in January as even if we are paying a decent portion of his wages that is hardly going to matter to them.

Player
aldo
ok he scored at the weekend but he was playing with other kids, he is not ready for man,s football and a waste of money, I want nothing more for the Lad to score goals for us but Looks like it is not going to happen

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I agree AM. He is definitely not ready for the rough and tumble of the lower leagues but I do not know where that puts him. He won't make it at Liverpool so does he keep playing U23 matches for the next few years. As RLC says, that's Liverpool's problem not ours but you wonder how many more of these youngsters are in the same boat.

Player
aldo
that,s where the old reserve LGS use to be great youngsters and men against each other, you just have to look at the likes of Maynard who has only had two full games and a couple of subs how are you supposed to get match fit Training matches wont bring it,and the odd cup game to tick over

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Otis Khan signs a ‘short term deal’ at Walsall

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Interesting, but I am not am surprised. He has not exactly knuckled down at Portman Road and has finally burned all his bridges. He will certainly leave in January. But it means at the start of the transfer window he will have been without a game for virtually two months. At his age, he could take a few weeks to get back to match fitness. I am wondering if we could offer to let him train with us, while assessing his fitness before trying to get him here on loan.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Good for him - I have been surprised it has taken him that long to find a club.

Just shows how football can be. Leading up to our pizza trophy final he was in great form at RB. Had a good game at Wembley if I remember rightly and was linked with Sunderland. Now he’s joined a team just outside of the L2 relegation zone on a short term deal albeit early days

Player
aldo
goes to show how things can change, as for Nors has the money has gone to his head I love the guy, a Legend of the club If he did come back and got 12-15 goals, then it would be an amazing bit of business,let us wait and see

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, my only fear would be that he comes back not quite the same player now he's a few years older and has had fitness issues. That would tarnish the memories a little but having said that I would love to see him in a white shirt again.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
He would not be the same player, but he would still do an effective job for us in League Two.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
You just don’t know what would happen if he came back. Plenty of players do well at a club, leave to a so called bigger club and struggle, and then come back and carry on where they left off.
he’s clearly a complex character but Micky will know how to manage him. Apparently Ipswich will be open to offers for him and his record there, despite injuries of 20 leagues goals in 55 appearances still isn’t bad.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I don't doubt he would be effective, the concern for me would be how many games he would miss through injury.
Even if he only played fifty per cent of the games, he would be able to perform the same role as Nevitt, but actually score some goals as well.