• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers old boys

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Captain Jeff Hughes scores in the Irish cup final for Larne but they are beaten 2-1 by Linfield
Thanks for the heads up, Sparky. It's difficult to believe that Jeff left us after the NL Play-off Final win, when still only 32 years old. It seems to be working out for him. In his first season, he captained the team to the NIFL Championship title. They have never won any of the three major trophies (League, Cup and League Cup), but this season in addition to reaching the Irish Cup Final, they won the County Antrim Shield for the first time. This is no mean achievement as most of the top sides including Glentoran, Ballymena, Crusaders, Cliftonville and Linfield also compete for it. Also on their books is ex-Rover Dylan Mottley-Henry.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
How old is he now?

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Suspect Paul Cook may try and take him to Ipswich although a long way from Sunderland.

He played right back a lot for Sunderland and did ok but he’s better in the middle of the park. Won’t be short of suitors

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Reading their forum, Sunderland fans don't have a great opinion of Max Power.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
No. It got worse in the playoffs too when he decided to shoot from about 50 yards when they were desperate for a goal.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
No. It got worse in the playoffs too when he decided to shoot from about 50 yards when they were desperate for a goal.

yes I saw that too. Although he is capable of the spectacular not sure that was the right time!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Reading their forum, Sunderland fans don't have a great opinion of Max Power.
Just been reading it myself Boz and very much viewed as not good enough for a team wanting to get in the championship

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Why the hatred?

No hate, but he's just not good enough..

That's probably about right to be fair. I always thought he was very committed but I don't think he's anything better than a division one/two player.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think he is good enough for the majority of League One sides, just not one where the expectation is automatic promotion.

Player
Manager
John King
I don't know if anyone else was watching the Europa League Final, but De Gea's miss in the shoot out took me back to Steve Wilson against Carlisle all those years ago.

Mind you, at least De Gea got his on target !

Player
Manager
John King
Matt Jones has put the footage of Wilson's miss on Twitter. Cracks me up every time.

Last edited:
Player
ian goodison
bear with me lads but seem to remember Wilson some years ago may have been against Brentford when he went for a ball in the area against their forward who was over 6ft he gets polaxed gets booked then concedes a penalty, later on he makes a world class save (honestly) then throws the ball straight to their winger who promptly scores, we lost 4-1 hope it jogs some memories just to prove I haven,t lost it

overthewater

Player
chris malkin
bear with me lads but seem to remember Wilson some years ago may have been against Brentford when he went for a ball in the area against their forward who was over 6ft he gets polaxed gets booked then concedes a penalty, later on he makes a world class save (honestly) then throws the ball straight to their winger who promptly scores, we lost 4-1 hope it jogs some memories just to prove I haven,t lost it
I remember the Brentford game well. It was only my lad's second ever game. In his first one Doncaster had put 4 past us at home and I remember telling him not to worry, it wouldn't be as bad as the last time!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Pontacelli scores for Wrexham who fail to make play offs