• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers old boys

drwhoman

An enjoyable cup game. Stockport giving as good as they got against a team which would have been mostly unused to playing on a heavy pitch, in the rain, that became a bit of a bog. If they play as well as that on a regular basis Stockport will soon be back in L2. I suppose it was appropriate that the winning goal was scored by a guy who started his career at Rochdale and not some exotic foreign town!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
All our ex players at Stockport will have to impress a new manager after Jim Gannon was sacked today. The board have said nothing to do with results but ‘culture’ issues and rumours of bullying. They are in a decent position with a good squad so it’ll be a job with plenty of interest.

get your application in Ronnie!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Andy Cook signs for Bradford on loan for rest of the season.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Andy Cook signs for Bradford on loan for rest of the season.

blimey they are splashing the cash and could be an interesting partnership with Danny Rowe and Andy Cook up front.

mickys Dundee united with a home tonking defeat tonight 1-5 v St Mirren

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
blimey they are splashing the cash and could be an interesting partnership with Danny Rowe and Andy Cook up front.

mickys Dundee united with a home tonking defeat tonight 1-5 v St Mirren
Not much pace, but a real goal threat if they click.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Not much pace, but a real goal threat if they click.

yes surely they’ll be playing with wingers and getting balls into the box.

they can’t sign my old favourite Adam Dawson though. He’s plying his trade in the Cypriot second division these days

• Haha
Reactions: Ian

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
yes surely they’ll be playing with wingers and getting balls into the box.

they can’t sign my old favourite Adam Dawson though. He’s plying his trade in the Cypriot second division these days
Is he actually playing games or just signed for a club out there ?

Player
ian goodison
reading the chester forum last season is seems he had at some point been/or was signed for chester, macc & telford and was being touted elsewhere, I actually liked him here when he could be bothered

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Dawson on his day was decent but with his history you wonder if he’s not the sharpest tool in the toolbox and didn’t exact work hard in training.

Micky coming under a lot of criticism at Dundee. They’ve not won in 6 league games albeit only 2 defeats in that run. Last nights 1-5 home defeat sounded a bit harsh but what do their fans expect?
Newly promoted they sit 6th out of 12th so I’d say that’s a decent achievement.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Dawson on his day was decent but with his history you wonder if he’s not the sharpest tool in the toolbox and didn’t exact work hard in training.

Micky coming under a lot of criticism at Dundee. They’ve not won in 6 league games albeit only 2 defeats in that run. Last nights 1-5 home defeat sounded a bit harsh but what do their fans expect?
Newly promoted they sit 6th out of 12th so I’d say that’s a decent achievement.
Dundee United are effectively 'top' of the group of clubs they can realistically compete with, aside perhaps from Livingston, so Mellon is doing well as far as I can see. They are only just back in the SPL after a five year absence.

drwhoman

Dundee United are effectively 'top' of the group of clubs they can realistically compete with, aside perhaps from Livingston, so Mellon is doing well as far as I can see. They are only just back in the SPL after a five year absence.
As we know, the Scottish Prem is a two team League with maybe two or three clubs in the next tier and then Dundee Utd. The problem is that many supporters remember their exploits in the late 70s and the 80s. Sadly, the football world has changed and the gap, financial and otherwise, between the two big Glasgow clubs and the rest has widened. This has been the case in many leagues of course. Cannot be a lot of fun thinking that your chances of winning the Prem are very low.