• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers old boys

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Josh Ginnelly has scored for Hearts against Celtic, taking the Scottish Cup Final into extra-time.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Georges Santos (loved a tackle!), now a scout at Marseille

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Ex loanee under John Barnes, Luke Daniels in goal for brentford v Newcastle on sky.

Player
ian goodison
according to the chester forum eddie Clarke has joined warrington after being released from fleetwood

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Not an old boy but Antony Barry who was linked with the rovers job is now on the coaching staff at Chelsea having joined last month

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Will (not good enough for Ronnie Moore) Vaulks scored from his own half for Cardiff v Brentford and again, but his side lost 2-3

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Stockport (Jennings, Maynard, Hogan), take on Wrexham (Jay Harris, Ponticelli), at 3pm today

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
All 5 started and Harvey Gilmour was an unused sub for Stockport. 2-0 Stockport with an assist from Jennings.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Good interview with Ronnie here. He’s getting on a bit but I’d like to see him back in management. When you think what he did with us, Rotherham and Hartlepool he deserves another chance.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
His time in management is over now I very much doubt he will get another job.

yes I agree Mart it’s unlikely he’ll get another job in full time football. A bit of a shame

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
RIP George Hudson who sadly passed away yesterday.....what a player for Rovers when he teamed up with Yardley....the 2 Georges....just a brilliant combination.
A quality striker indeed. Although he was over 30 when he joined us and past his peak, he would have been a welcome addition to today's team.

drwhoman

How true BBTC! I think we were both at the FA Cup Coventry away game in early 68 when Alan KIng scored? Rovers won the replay 2-0 with goals from the two Georges! I think I missed the game due to school commitments.

Alun

Player
Eddie Dagger Roberts
How true BBTC! I think we were both at the FA Cup Coventry away game in early 68 when Alan KIng scored? Rovers won the replay 2-0 with goals from the two Georges! I think I missed the game due to school commitments.
I remember going to the Coventry game, on Hardings coaches . Jimmy Hill was chairman, if I remember well I think it was Maurice Setters the manager,, one of them said the only way Tranmere can get something out of the game is by playing George Hudson, that way there will be a bumper crowd as Hudson was loved when he played for Coventry. Coventry 1-0 up when the ball was crossed for Alan King to score, then the Coventry players were complaining that the ball was out as it was crossed for King to score, as we were leaving the ground at the end of the match, a Coventry supporter came up to us and I will never forget his words, he said, you can have the tie and any of our players, just give us Hudson back. If I remember right the replay was an easy 2-0 win. What a combination Yardley and Hudson, Games like the Coventry games, was what was special about supporting Tranmere.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I remember going to the Coventry game, on Hardings coaches . Jimmy Hill was chairman, if I remember well I think it was Maurice Setters the manager,, one of them said the only way Tranmere can get something out of the game is by playing George Hudson, that way there will be a bumper crowd as Hudson was loved when he played for Coventry. Coventry 1-0 up when the ball was crossed for Alan King to score, then the Coventry players were complaining that the ball was out as it was crossed for King to score, as we were leaving the ground at the end of the match, a Coventry supporter came up to us and I will never forget his words, he said, you can have the tie and any of our players, just give us Hudson back. If I remember right the replay was an easy 2-0 win. What a combination Yardley and Hudson, Games like the Coventry games, was what was special about supporting Tranmere.
It seemed a long afternoon but was well worth it. The longer the game went on, the more the Sky Blues fans were getting frustrated with their team and eventually we got our desserts. My only regret was that I was at the wrong end for the goal.

drwhoman

It seemed a long afternoon but was well worth it. The longer the game went on, the more the Sky Blues fans were getting frustrated with their team and eventually we got our desserts. My only regret was that I was at the wrong end for the goal.
I was too BBTC. I imagine that we were almost all down the other end. And yes Alun. Harding Coached from Charing Cross! The stuff you remember!

Alun

Player
Eddie Dagger Roberts
Went on so many of them to away games, I could not forget. Tried to remember the pub we used to go in, in Grange road west after a big result to celebrate but cannot remember the name. The good old days.
I was too BBTC. I imagine that we were almost all down the other end. And yes Alun. Harding Coached from Charing Cross! The stuff you remember!