• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers old boys

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Gutted about that as hoped we might have had a chance, despite Micky going and our demotion

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I was sad to hear that former Rovers keeper Dai Davies is terminally ill. He played in the first Rovers team I watched and his name brings back some happy memories.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I was sad to hear that former Rovers keeper Dai Davies is terminally ill. He played in the first Rovers team I watched and his name brings back some happy memories.

Totally agree, such sad news remember him fondly from back in the day.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Harvey Gilmour signs a short term deal with Stockport. I think he is much better than that level, but this demonstrates that Stockport have some money to spend.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Agree with RLC. I was disappointed that he wasn't given another year with Rovers, whether this was due to reduced funding or Mike Jackson sharing Micky's view of Harvey, we'll never know. If he stays fit, definitely capable of playing at a higher level than NL.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Stockport will have a decent side next season. They must be one of the favourites for the NL title.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Luke Pilling has joined Notts County. Great move that for him I think and sounds like he will have a really supportive manager from reading the initial press release! Hope he can challenge for the jersey, get a run of games and get his career moving forward again.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Dannie Bulman at Crawley is still going at 41

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Declan Drysdale has signed a season long loan with Gillingham. It will be interesting to see how much game time he gets.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
He's not had much game time with Coventry, 1 EFL Trophy match, so it would be a surprise to see him as a Gills regular. Might have done better dropping down a league. Like Pilling, he impressed in the Maidstone game, but doesn't seem to have made much impact since.

Last edited:

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Drysdale is 21 soon he needs to be playing regular football sooner rather than later.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
He's not had much game time with Coventry, 1 EFL Trophy match, so it would be a surprise to see him as a Gills regular. Might have done better dropping down a league. Like Pilling, he impressed in the Maidstone game, but doesn't seem to have made much impact since.
He has dropped a league, from Championship to L1.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Ironically, he’s now playing at a higher level than he would have been if he’d stayed at Rovers.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Nice to see Perkins and Tollit doing well for Flyde today With Ben scoring and getting some assists. Really hope he can stay fit

Reactions: Boz