• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers old boys

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I’d have put Harris more into the Perkins category, but while there was an argument for keeping him at the start of the season we’ve got ample midfield options now. While he could be a bit kamikaze flying into the tackle, Jay did his best for us and hope he has a successful return to Wrexham.
He was a good player for us and I wish him well, but he struggled in League Two until he had Perkins alongside him. Think of how Perkins has struggled at times this season and how much better than Harris he looked last season, and I think it becomes clear that this division would be a step too far for Jay.

He certainly played the ball-winner / defensive midfield role for us, which is the job currently shared by Woodyard and McCullough.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Macclesfield not paid their players again - Jay Harris could cancel his contract and sign for Rovers as a free agent.... now that would add a bit of steel to the midfield:)
Jay Harris is at wrexham

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Jonny Smith scores again also Danny rowe with 2 in that game although strong rumours Oldham could go into administration

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Adam Buxton joins Big Mac after being loaned to York.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Would have thought he’d still be capable at NL level, but don’t know why he fell out of favour at Morecambe
at a guess fitness and attitude issues, I could be wrong but that would be my guess, talented player but fitness issues and lack of desire

Player
Manager
John King
Liam Palmer is currently on the BBC playing for Sheffield Wednesday against Man City, and having a decent game.

Player
Manager
John King
Kane Wilson signs for Forest Green.....

He will be fantastic in League Two and I would imagine they must be paying him a fortune.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I’m surprised that he’s dropped down to L2 level, but might mean other players of similar calibre could be available when we re-engage with player recruitment.

Last edited:
Player
Manager
John King
If he lives in the Midlands it is an easy commute, which probably played a part.