• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers old boys

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think if we had stayed in League Two last season we might have offered him something.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I always liked smith. A proper tricky winger but had a goal in him. Always remember the one he got at Morecambe last season. True that L2 May be his level but our lack of wingers at the moment means I’d love to have him at the moment

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I always liked smith. A proper tricky winger but had a goal in him. Always remember the one he got at Morecambe last season. True that L2 May be his level but our lack of wingers at the moment means I’d love to have him at the moment
Thinking about it both Smith and Gilmore probably had their best moments as Rovers that day. It was a great comeback at a point where we were still adjusting to EFL football and must have done wonders for our confidence.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I was never a big fan of Smith. Thought he was too inconsistent.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
That tends to be the way with young players and especially wingers.

agree mart. Look at CBT. In some games he’s been immense and beaten full backs he’s been up against including the early parts of the Man Utd game where he did well. In others he’s looked disinterested and a bit lost.
Which is a big problem when we have a proper target man and Corey is our only proper winger on the books. Morris very different.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Not sure what was happening with CBT on Sat but there were times when we were breaking forward and he was found at LB!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Paul Mullin, the last player to score for Rovers, got a goal for Cambridge.
Ben Tollitt came off the bench for his latest club Macclesfield but couldn’t stop them losing at Morecambe.

Salfordwhite

Player
Michael Ricketts
Ben Gibson who enjoyed a fantastic loan season back in the day given permission to train with Middlesbrough while still a Burnley player.

Burnley's record signing from memory and only started once for them.

Very strange

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Strange isn’t it. Burnley fork out a fortune on an experienced centre half who has played in the premier league and clearly they don’t think he is up to it.

Makes mickeys recruitment look great lol!

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Yes, he is their record transfer and Burnley fans I know don't really understand why he hasn't had a chance. I do know he has had some injury problems, though.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Nors who started a few games recently for Ipswich dropped today with the tractor boys winning 4-1 and despite making 3 subs in the game, Nors was unused.

Player
Manager
John King
Josh Ginnelly scores the winner for Bristol Rovers, their first victory in fifteen games.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Liam Hogan scored Stockport's winner on his debut after transferring from Salford.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ash Taylor getting on the scoresheet for Aberdeen against Celtic. Currently 1-1.

Player
Manager
John King
Peter Gulasci in goal for Leipzig (second in Bundesliga) v Spurs tonight. First ex Rover to play in the Champions League ?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Just made a great save to deny Spurs.