• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers old boys

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
BBTC - yes I remember the Ian St John start. Liverpool Senior Cup I think. Everton won 4-3? 1961?
Haha, drw, I thought you'd remember too! Actually, I think it was called the Liverpool Floodlight Cup, a competition devised to provide Merseyside derbies while Liverpool were in the Second Division. And yes, the Reds lost 4-3.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Eddie Clarke has gone to Macclesfield on a season-long loan. Some suggestion we tried to get him back, would have thought (even if his parent club didn’t want him going to a fellow L1 side) that he could have done better than the Silkmen.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Eddie Clarke has gone to Macclesfield on a season-long loan. Some suggestion we tried to get him back, would have thought (even if his parent club didn’t want him going to a fellow L1 side) that he could have done better than the Silkmen.

What a waste. When you think back to his performance at Wembley against borehamwood, he’s had a wasted season at Fleetwood and now goes to one of the favourites for the L2 drop. We do need cover at left back with Zoom gone but maybe Micky thinks Eddie has burnt his bridges with us

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Waste of talent but you do wonder if there are other factors too. Seems odd how he's hardly played a game since leaving us and now drops down a division.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I would like to see him back here but as Sparky says, Micky was probably less than happy with the manner of his departure.

Player
aldo
but macc a joke they have not been paying there players why go there .... he could go to pretty much most of the clubs in lg 2

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Sol Campbell seems to have fallen out with Fitzpatrick their regular full-back and presume Fleetwood will pay some of Clarke’s wages. Hard to understand the circumstances of his move to Fleetwood or this move. You feel Eddie could be worth a punt from a side tipped for play-off contention in L2 at least.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
He was perhaps our most exciting and promising player the season before last. Something clearly went wrong at a personal level but we will never know.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
He has had virtually no football in his career to date at least he should be a regular in the Macc side which is what he needs.

As far as I know it has still not been decided how much compensation we get for him which frankly is madness

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Jay Harris played the full 90 minutes along with eddie Clarke in Macclesfields 0-0 draw last night. Adam dawson an unused sub

Player
Ian Goodison
I see Jose Baxter has headed down to Plymouth to link up with Ryan Lowe on a sixth month contract.. His first time away from home i would guess might be the making of him.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
With so many changes to the Plymouth squad it will be interesting to see how they get on.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I would expect Plymouth to do well. After last season, they needed a clearout. They have much more potential than L2 and frankly Lowe is a very good manager who has signed some good players. With them, Mansfield and Salford down there, I'm relieved we are not!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I think there are still questions regarding Lowe’s management ability, which the coming season may resolve. I would add Bradford to BBTCs list of teams I’m glad we’re not up against.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Like BBTC I expect Plymouth to do well. Some of the ex Bury they have signed players are decent.

But I personally hope they don’t given how it’s all worked out