• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers old boys

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I agree, particularly as Morris is fit again, that it will be hard for Tollitt to get a look-in with us. Never quite sure of the rules re NL loans, will Ben be able to join another NL side on loan this season or does he have to drop to a lower level?
I think he can play for three clubs in a single season, so he could be loaned to another NL side.

If Walsall go down, what happens to Cook next season ?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
If Walsall go down, what happens to Cook next season ?
It's not beyond possibility that both Cook and Norburn's current sides will be playing L2 football next season.

Unlikely, but if there was a chance of Cook returning to PP, I'd be delighted. While we have significantly strengthened in defence and midfield since promtion, up front things still look a bit brittle. If Norwood leaves as expected, attack is going to be a high priority for summer recruitment

Player
Manager
John King
It's not beyond possibility that both Cook and Norburn's current sides will be playing L2 football next season.

Unlikely, but if there was a chance of Cook returning to PP, I'd be delighted. While we have significantly strengthened in defence and midfield since promtion, up front things still look a bit brittle. If Norwood leaves as expected, attack is going to be a high priority for summer recruitment
Yes, I agree. He is still contracted for another year at Walsall though.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
There would be a huge irony if Cook and/or Norburn's teams went down and their old club got promoted. While I fully understand why they moved, the grass isn't always greener ....

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Spare a thought for Millwall keeper David Martin, who let in a last gasp equaliser and then saw his team lose on penalties. David played three games for us ten years ago as deputy for Luke Daniels.

Player
Manager
John King
I knew I had seen Martin play for us, but we had so many loan players in that period I was struggling to place exactly when. Millwall should have won comfortably as Brighton were terrible.

Player
Manager
John King
Will Vaulks made his full international debut tonight as Wales beat Trinidad & Tobago at the Racecourse Ground.

Player
aldo
think cole will go down the lgs . he has done himself no favours . he has only had one good season . but since he left us . to go to scotland his record has been shocking . cant see another pro team coming in for him. as 4 ben im glad he had a good go at the dragons . but cant see him breaking into the team now

ADD

Player
Norwood
There would be a huge irony if Cook and/or Norburn's teams went down and their old club got promoted. While I fully understand why they moved, the grass isn't always greener ....
True but Cookies' bank balance is way better than it would have been and even if they go down he is still on a L1 salary for 1 more year plus his goals this season means that he can for sure move to another L1 club if Walsall need to sell/ he has a break clause if they go down.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Cook is an interesting one. Up to until a few weeks ago he was having a good season in a struggling side. Around 13 goals in all competitions. He gets sent off and a 3 match ban. He returns last week as sub away at Sunderland which they lost. At home today you’d think he’s be starting but no - they lose 1-0 and he comes on the 90th minute?!? What a joke of a decision. Hope they go down for the way they treat the Cookie Monster

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
No idea why Keates left it until after Barnsley had scored in injury time to bring Cook on. Can't see Cookie staying there next season now.

Player
Manager
John King
No idea why Keates left it until after Barnsley had scored in injury time to bring Cook on. Can't see Cookie staying there next season now.
Keates seems out of his depth at that level. I watched the game yesterday and Walsall had by far the better chances but could not finish, before getting mugged in stoppage time. Neither Cook nor Ferrier started the game. Strange.

ADD

Player
Norwood
I see Clarke made the bench for Fleetwood - does anyone know if we have ever agreed a fee with them as he was under 24??

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Poor cookie on the bench against for hapless Walsall who lost again.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Don't think Clarke's made an appearance for Fleetwood yet. Doubt we'll get anything of note for him. A young man, badly advised by family/friends/agent.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
That's a season wasted for a very gifted youngster.

Player
aldo
should never had left the grass ant always greener. wander what cookie must be thinking . god imagine if he had stayed .

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I see Clarke made the bench for Fleetwood - does anyone know if we have ever agreed a fee with them as he was under 24??
I think it hasn't yet been decided by tribunal