• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers old boys

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
dawson let go at chester seems he looked disinterested, shame he,s gone to waste

And now he’s back in the football league signing for sol Campbell’s Macclesfield. As much as I liked Dawson how teams keep signing him with his record is beyond me!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
He has had seventeen clubs, but only played sixty games in total for the lot of them.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Nice to see Richie Sutton helping Morecambe get a clean sheet at Exeter

Player
Manager
John King
Another goal for Cookie tonight. Sixteen for the season in January, playing two divisions higher than he was last year.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Another goal for Cookie tonight. Sixteen for the season in January, playing two divisions higher than he was last year.

Unbelievable. Championship clubs will be sniffing around him at this rate.

Jame wallace plays another 90 minutes for Fleetwood

Player
Manager
John King
If we could have kept hold of Cook, we would surely have been promoted this season. Cook and Nors would have scored 60 goals between them at this level, which almost certainly would have taken us up, even given the weaknesses in other parts of the squad.

This is not intended as a criticism of the club - just one of those things.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Championship clubs will be sniffing around him at this rate.

Jame wallace plays another 90 minutes for Fleetwood
I’m not sure which is more unbelievable. Cookie is on fire for sure.

Pinch me - did someone say Wallace played for 90 minutes o_O

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Will Vaulks, already captain of a Championship side, has just received a call-up from Wales. Such a shame he never got a chance to blossom at PP. It coincided with the time Rovers seemed to stop giving their youth players a chance.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
My recollection is that Vaulks played mainly as a central defender in his time with our reserves. Ronnie Moore preferred big central defenders and opted to give Jake Kirby a pro contract that year ahead of Will, though there was a shorter deal for him. Looking at Wiki, it seems at some point Vaulks switched to midfield and it’s playing there that he’s become a regular for the Millers.

Player
ian goodison
And now he’s back in the football league signing for sol Campbell’s Macclesfield. As much as I liked Dawson how teams keep signing him with his record is beyond me!
seems macc were his 3rd club in a season so has gone back to telford on loan,

Player
Manager
John King
My recollection is that Vaulks played mainly as a central defender in his time with our reserves. Ronnie Moore preferred big central defenders and opted to give Jake Kirby a pro contract that year ahead of Will, though there was a shorter deal for him. Looking at Wiki, it seems at some point Vaulks switched to midfield and it’s playing there that he’s become a regular for the Millers.
Vaulks was really highly rated by our youth coaches at the time (who did not rate Kirby) and, if rumour is to be believed, a training ground bust-up with Ronnie Moore was the reason for his departure.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
My old favourite Adam Dawson has been on the move again. He signed for sol Campbell’s Macc but can’t play so goes on loan to his former club Telford who he fell out with when he left them for Chester before Xmas.

More clubs than the Ryder cup team that man!

Player
ian goodison
don,t know how he keeps getting clubs chester fans say he was ok 1st game then didn,t want to know, sounds familiar?

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
A farewell goal for Tollit today. Stockton doesn’t even make the bench

Player
Manager
John King
A farewell goal for Tollit today. Stockton doesn’t even make the bench
My guess is that Tollitt will be farmed out to another National League side on loan. I still can't see him making the bench for us.

God knows what the future holds for Stockton. It is difficult to see him having a professional career from here on in.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I agree, particularly as Morris is fit again, that it will be hard for Tollitt to get a look-in with us. Never quite sure of the rules re NL loans, will Ben be able to join another NL side on loan this season or does he have to drop to a lower level?

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Shrewsbury’s captain ollie norburn scored a vital last minute penalty in their win today. Cookie returned from suspension to come off the bench in walsalls loss at Sunderland which saw the saddlers slip into the relegation zone