• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers old boys

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Yes, Wilson was pretty bad. The worst I can remember was Eric McManus in the late eighties. He played three or four games for us before getting sacked when he admitted he did not have any feeling in one of his hands !

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Haha, possibly a good shot stopper tho!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Didn't see Cumbes play. I'd have Achterberg ahead of Nixon as less gaffe-prone, though both decent keepers

drwhoman

Yes BBTC. I remember Jimmy playing for Lancashire. A big but agile man. As Brightonian say he had great command of his area. He replaced Harry Leyland, the former Everton keeper, who was at the end of his career. A time when top players went down the leagues as they needed the money. Tommy Lawrence was a similar case in point later. It was rather sad that Tommy was interviewed in the street by the Echo a while back and the interviewer did not recognise him! Fame is often fleeting.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Pretty poor game to watch on BT Sport at the moment Newport v Plymouth but nice to see some ex rovers

How Myrie Williams is still in the football league is beyond me. Him and Labadie doing a job for graham Wesley with ex rover loanee jake jervis playing for Plymouth

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Michael Higdon has signed for Bangor City in the Welsh Premier League who finished 9th last season.

Quite a drop for someone who scored a few for Oldham in L1 last season. Big disappointment for us when we had the heaviest trio on he league with him and Big Mac along with GTF!

Player
Manager
John King
The move was financed by the odious Steven Vaughan. How he is still getting control of clubs, having bankrupted several and served jail terms is beyond me. I feel sorry for the Bangor fans.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
One of the things I will always be grateful to PJ for is the refusal to sell Rovers to Vaughan. There was talk of selling PP and ground sharing with Chester, while a new stadium was built. Think we can all surmise what wouldn't have happened with Vaughan at the helm.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Perhaps the most significant of rovers old boys on show last night was our ex keeper loanee Peter Gulasci who played for RB Leipig in their top of the table clash away at Bayern Munich.

Sadly for him he conceded 3 goals!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Max Blanchard on a game by game deal for Newport County and played in their bottom v top goalless draw with Doncaster last night.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Look who got the equaliser for Rangers in the Old Firm game - Clint Hill! Now aged 38, he is still going strong.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Best wishes go to ex rover Joe Thompson who now back at Rochdale but has sadly been diagnosed with cancer for a second time.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ohh dear. Best wishes indeed.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Poor lad.
I think there's a minutes applause planned for Saturday on 7 minutes?

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
That's really bad news. I hope he gets the same support from the Dale fans as he did from the SWA.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Good luck to Joe as he battles this disease again.

Player
Manager
John King
I would echo the comments above. To have a recurrence of the disease so soon, and at such a young age, is not good at all.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Nice to see Ryan Taylor getting a goal and an assist so far for Port Vale tonight

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Nice to see Ben Gibson has been called up to the England squad. A proper centre back who has gone from strength to strength since he left us.

Back to our league, I noticed Chester signed Liam Davies on a contract to the end of the season who was released by us last summer. Don't think he ever got any sort of chance with us if I remember rightly and can't picture him.