• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers old boys

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Wow. According to my football app, they are on ‘break time’. Assuming that means a drink break?

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
It sounds like an amazing game.
Unbelievable match. Really poor defending from both sides especially at set pieces. 5 goals from ex rovers players but didn’t think it would be waterfall who was the match winner.

Will be interesting if Wrexham stick with Parkinson and her the cheque book out

Reactions: Boz
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It was an incredible game, but there is quite a gulf in the quality of the defending between that level and League Two. Neither side could deal with set plays, and I could not believe the amount of time and space players got when they picked up the ball on the edge of the box, and the gaps between defence and midfield.

Grimsby played good football, with Fox and McAtee dominating the midfield. I think Hurst is an underrated manager at that level, as he has not had the same money to spend as the other ex-Football League clubs.

Wrexham looked dangerous whenever the ball was lumped in to Palmer and Mullin, but had nothing in the middle of the pitch. They looked lopsided. As Sparky says, it will be interesting to see whether Parkinson gets the bullet.

drwhoman

Poor old Wrexham and Port Vale thumped Mansfield! Mani scored yet again! Maybe he will get another crack at L2 next season!

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
and yes another example of money not getting you where you want is the money Mansfield has spent the owners will want more

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Personally, I'm made up for Mani today. OK things didn't work out with Rovers but he was always respectful. I'd be quite happy if he faced us as a Grimsby player next season. BTW on the perrsonal front I'd recovered sufficiently enough to make the Oldham game (although less than comfortably!). PPS (and possibly devisively, I'm delighted that Wigan Warriors won today sine my daughter works for them having "transferred from Blackburn Rovers)

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Personally, I'm made up for Mani today. OK things didn't work out with Rovers but he was always respectful. I'd be quite happy if he faced us as a Grimsby player next season. BTW on the perrsonal front I'd recovered sufficiently enough to make the Oldham game (although less than comfortably!). PPS (and possibly devisively, I'm delighted that Wigan Warriors won today sine my daughter works for them having "transferred from Blackburn Rovers)
Good to see you back online, ONIGP. Hope you are a lot better now, although I daren't ask why you were still up at 2.05AM. ;).

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Mark Ellis on the Solihull bench for their ply off semi v Paul cooks chesterfield. 1-1 after half an hour

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Ben Tollit and David Perkins released by Fylde. The latter isn’t a shock but tollit was a regular and had plenty of goals and assists. Hope he can get a contract somewhere

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Ben Tollit and David Perkins released by Fylde. The latter isn’t a shock but tollit was a regular and had plenty of goals and assists. Hope he can get a contract somewhere
Fylde seemed to have more players under contract last season than Rovers did and changed managers with James Rowe replacing Jim Bentley. With failing to get back into the NL maybe a bit of pruning needed. A Flyde fan I spoke to mid season said Ben was doing well so like you hope he can get another club.