• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers old boys

drwhoman

I see that Northampton have lodged a complaint to the EFL that Scunthorpe fielded an inexperienced team against Bristol Rovers, as a result of which the Cobblers lost automatic promotion on goal difference. Average age of the Irons team was 20! Nothing will happen. Keith Hill involved of course.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Haha. Well they did have 45 games before this one so they can’t really grumble about the last one. Next time, if they want automatic promotion, they’ll have to do better.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Some classic Keith hill comments after their relegation

“There will be players who'll say it's my fault. It's not my fault - 100% not my fault. “

Hill added: "The club need to show bravery. They can throw me under the bus if they want, like most clubs do - I got thrown under the bus [at Tranmere] last season and I got thrown under the bus at Bolton. You clean a club up and then you get thrown out.

drwhoman

Some classic Keith hill comments after their relegation

“There will be players who'll say it's my fault. It's not my fault - 100% not my fault. “

Hill added: "The club need to show bravery. They can throw me under the bus if they want, like most clubs do - I got thrown under the bus [at Tranmere] last season and I got thrown under the bus at Bolton. You clean a club up and then you get thrown out.
A strange man. Since when has club management not been hostage to team fortunes? Keith failed at Rovers and he failed at Scunthorpe. They will need tougher players than 20 year olds to get back out of the NL!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
It’s never Keith’s fault is it?!? He got the job in November so had plenty of time to turn it round but he wasn’t capable

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It’s never Keith’s fault is it?!? He got the job in November so had plenty of time to turn it round but he wasn’t capable
In fairness, Scunthorpe are skint and their squad was absolutely hopeless, so he had no chance really.

However, he just can't keep his mouth shut can he ? I have never known anybody so intent on pissing off both their employer and their paying customers.

Player
Manager
John King
Dave Challinor's Stockport win their game in hand against Torquay.

If they avoid defeat against Halifax on Saturday they will be promoted as champions, and Paul Mullin's Wrexham will be consigned to the play offs.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
What a world of difference compared to the torrent of abuse he was getting at Tranmere.

drwhoman

His month at Burnley has certainly been a "Thriller" these situations are rarely "Black or White" and things haven't turned out to "Bad" for him..
It seems that Leeds are doing a Sheff Utd. Likely yo be relegated after one good season. Losing key players due to injury has been key for them. However, Burnley and Everton are still in the mix.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Leeds do not know how to defend. They've conceded 77 goals. I would be very surprised if they survive.

Player
Manager
John King
Leeds do not know how to defend. They've conceded 77 goals. I would be very surprised if they survive.
Yes, they looked doomed. Everton have two relatively easy home games and will probably stay up quite comfortably.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Jeff Hughes doesn’t play for larne Tonight but his side qualify for Europe.