• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers old boys

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I watched Connor in Stockports defeat to borehamwood a few days ago. He was poor and subbed off after 53 mins. Then not even in the squad for their win yesterday at Paul cooks chesterfield. Stockport likely to go up and I just hope Connors previously illness doesn’t hinder him from being involved.

drwhoman

I watched Connor in Stockports defeat to borehamwood a few days ago. He was poor and subbed off after 53 mins. Then not even in the squad for their win yesterday at Paul cooks chesterfield. Stockport likely to go up and I just hope Connors previously illness doesn’t hinder him from being involved.
Maybe we should resign him! I remember us letting Charlie McDonnell go to Stockport 60 (!) years ago but we resigned him a couple of years later and he did well alongside Manning and Dyson.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Maybe we should resign him! I remember us letting Charlie McDonnell go to Stockport 60 (!) years ago but we resigned him a couple of years later and he did well alongside Manning and Dyson.
Happy memories. Charlie Mac would be a great crowd favourite if he were playing today.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Ex-Rovers on-loan keeper Peter Gulacsi fails to keep RB Leipzig in the Europa League after their Semi-Final 3-1 loss tonght away at Glasgow Rangers.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Big game in the national league at the moment. Paul Mullins Wrexham 1-0 up against Connor Jennings Stockport. Challinor and Clint hill in charge of the hatters

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Connor sent on at half time to try and turn things round for the hatters. A good reception for him from the Wrexham fans

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Stockport still have a game in hand so hopefully they’ll make it count

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Stockport still have a game in hand so hopefully they’ll make it count
I am not watching the game, but it is surprising they have capitulated.

Wrexham in strong form and you have to worry about them in the play offs.

drwhoman

I am not watching the game, but it is surprising they have capitulated.

Wrexham in strong form and you have to worry about them in the play offs.
By NL standards Hollywood Wrexham have spent a lot of money. Palmer cost 300k and has a three and a half contract. 30 years old and almost all his experience has been non- league or the third and fourth tiers. They should be doing well. And we all know about Mullin.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Stockport need at most 4 points from 2 remaining home games. Despite today's setback, they must be favourites to get the automatic spot.
None of the other teams at the top end of the NL are matching Wrexham's form going into the play-offs. While there's always an element of uncertainty, our near neighbours look most likely to get the second promotion spot. I would prefer one of the moneybags teams not to get promotion from the NL this season.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Two more local derbies in prospect. Big gates home and away. What’s not to like?
I’m unsure would class Stockport as a derby. Both sides can already outspend us and would be in an even stronger position to attract players with FL status. Both would be capable of making the top 7. There is some talk of our budget being cut back despite the hike in season ticket-prices, reducing our chances of a return to L1. I don’t want to be stuck in L2 forever or drop out of the league again.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Two more local derbies in prospect. Big gates home and away. What’s not to like?
Two clubs that can massively outspend us and will probably finish above us next season, and two derby matches against Wrexham which are pretty unpleasant to attend....

I have not got anything against Stockport as a club, but Wrexham can stay where they are.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Likewise I don’t mind Stockport coming up, but really hope Wrexham Fail.

danny lloyd releas3d by gillingham. A shame as he was generally playing before he did his ACL