• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers old boys

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
We have been extremely lucky with our last two owners. PJ rescued the club in the eighties when we could have folded, then funded the rise to the top of tier two. Yes, he lost interest and failed to reinvest but he probably thought it would be good money after bad. Nevertheless, he remained committed to keeping us afloat.

MP came at just the right moment and the rest is history. What will happen when the Palioses leave I don’t know, but I am sure that they are doing their best to secure our future.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
My original point was not a criticism of PJ, it was simply a comment that the turnaround in fortunes on the pitch in recent years would not have happened if it had not been for Palios' energy and proactivity.

Last edited:
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
My original point was not a criticism of PJ, it was simply a comment that the turnaround in fortunes on the pitch in recent years would not have happened if it had not been for Palios' energy and proactivity.
Agreed. Mark has not only turned round our fortunes on the field but has turned TRFC into an organisation with a sustainable business model. When he finally does sell, I believe he will have found a buyer who shares his vision. I would expect he might stay on in a presidential, PJ-type role. It may be too much to expect, but giving the fans a golden share similar to German clubs would be reassuring. The fact that he has not done that already, probably means that a seat on the board is the most the fans can expect.

Player
aldo
It is also amazing how the Trust and Trosc have helped to support the club and when the new Fan park is up and Running it can sit 1200 if you imagine everyone spends an avg of £10 thats £12k a game over the season just on LG games thats around £288k a season then if they advertise it right and it gets weddings and other parties in a year or two it could be a multi-million pound a year venue, Mark and Nicky have done an amazing job and long may it continue

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Ben Chorley appointed director of football at Swindle Town

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I see Jose Baxter has retired at the age of 29. I think he falls into the category of "unfulfilled potential".

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Cookie converts a ridehalgh cross to give Bradford the lead

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Cook hat trick, going take us ages get that many league goals.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
God how I wish we’d kept cookie. Guaranteed goals at this level