• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers old boys

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Maybe he’s keeping a close eye on the playoffs so he can continue where he left off with some unfinished business in division one.

I’d love to see him back especially after the last 12 months but it’s probably unlikely.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Probably a load of nonsense but I do get the impression that after a positive start and a cup semi, the latter which lets face it isn’t too hard to get to in Scotland, mickys popularity amongst DU fans has fallen a bit

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think it is more the case that there is not much money there due to Covid. He was linked with the Doncaster job a few weeks ago as well.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I think it is more the case that there is not much money there due to Covid. He was linked with the Doncaster job a few weeks ago as well.
Richie wellens getting that job. I dont see it happening micky returning but whoever is manager they must be allowed there own back room staff.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
One of the weird things when KH was appointed was he never brought his usual backroom staff with him.
I agree, the new manager must have a big say in his staff as well as players who he trusts and knows what the manager wants to achieve. And of course the style of play.

Player
Manager
John King
He was not allowed to bring his own staff because Dawes was justifiably kept on after his strong performance as caretaker. It would have been very harsh to simply boot Dawes out of the club at that stage.

However, that arrangement ultimately did not work and should not be repeated in future.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Can't see Mellon coming back either - suspect only issue at Dundee is financial as didn't he have to take a pay cut due COVID along with all the players?
Personally I think that ship has sailed with him having left only last season.

Alun

Player
Eddie Dagger Roberts
I would be delighted if Micky came back, but cannot see it, not unless he was sacked as manager of Dundee United.

overthewater

Player
chris malkin
Don't think he's going anywhere either. However next season will be interesting. He may have comfortably kept a newly promoted team up and reached a semi final but a friend of mine who supports them says they're hard to watch and averaged less than a goal a game. Unfortunately, although historically the less successful of the two Dundee teams, a lot of United fans feel a sense of entitlement which comes from challenging the Old Firm so consistently during the 80s and 90s

Player
Manager
John King
From reading their forum, the majority of supporters seem happy with how he has performed. In particular, they praise the spirit and workrate of the side, which certainly sounds familiar.

I wish him all the best.

Player
Ian Goodison
Ash Taylor released by Aberdeen having been named in the SPL team of the season.

Still only 30..

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Still only 30! Wow, he seems to have been around for ages.

Player
Manager
John King
I am not so sure we would want Taylor. If we are appointing a manager who wants to play out from the back he would not suit that style of play, and he was unimpressive when he was at Northampton a couple of years ago.

Plenty of better options out there.

drwhoman

Interesting that Crawford has been retained by Bolton. Must have a contract going through to 2022. A matter for debate as to whether signing him on loan was worthwhile.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
One of the ITK posters on another site suggested Keith brought him in at the expense of a more match-fit striker than Nugent. Puzzling that he rarely played and was dumped after his best showing in a Rovers shirt. Felt we could have done with someone like him with an eye for ball retention and a probing pass at times on Thursday. The notlob fans are expecting he’ll move on despite still being under contract.

drwhoman

One of the ITK posters on another site suggested Keith brought him in at the expense of a more match-fit striker than Nugent. Puzzling that he rarely played and was dumped after his best showing in a Rovers shirt. Felt we could have done with someone like him with an eye for ball retention and a probing pass at times on Thursday. The notlob fans are expecting he’ll move on despite still being under contract.
Now they have been promoted I imagine that Bolton will be having a hard look at their squad. With their history they will be looking to move further back up the football pyramid sooner rather than later.