• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers 2 Exeter 0

M

Mal

I agree with sonkorly. I much prefer the win and a slight off performance than a "played well for 89 minutes after conceding a soft goal, and not scoring" besides, we could be Liverpool supporters ;0) and we have won 4 and drawn 2, and lost a few whinging posters along the way.

O

OneNightInGayParis

Playing 2 fixtures as a week for the last few weeks with a limited squad is bound to take its toll, and there was always the chance we would have the inevitable "dip" on Saturday. If that WAS the "dip" then I am absolutely DELIGHTED! No, we weren't at our best but, my God, it was better than almost anything served up earlier in the season.

Some very good performances on Saturday and Ronnie continues to make bold, common sense changes when they are needed. The most disappointing thing for me was the depth at which we defended at 1-0 in the second half (as mentioned by Ian et al), a risky strategy and it was interesting to see Ronnie trying to call them further uplfield.

At least there is a week's recovery time now until the Bury game when, I think, we will have Lateef Elford-Aliyou playing against us. Lets hope we can do better than PNE and stop him from scoring!

#SWA :smile:

Player
Liam Palmer
"We'd love to play like Real Madrid but if we play like the Horse & Jockey and win that'll do me!" - Ronnie Moore.

Superb. First quote for a t-shirt.

What a turnaround. Well done lads.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Just reading Ronnie's comments on the players and how knackered they are. Some of them running on empty v's Exeter. It's a fair shout, there has been a lot of games recently. Maybe I was a tad critical yesterday.. :-#

lonerover

Player
Johnny Morrissey
"Rovers' notorious bully boy Ian Goodison"

In the all the years I've watched Goodi, can't see this as a fit description...ha ha ha!!

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
Maybe goodi is a bit jealous of young centre forwards who... make all the money / score all the goals/ get all the credit / get the girls (or Guys) ! etc.

I noticed he had a ruck with the young prest on both ends C/forward,the other week and the ref interveened ...in the borough road.... right next to where we where sitting..
the ref said to goodi did you just punch him in the face...goodi sort of nodded sheepishly
..the ref said don,t do it again,which to be fair he did,nt ...until the Exceter game of course!!!

May be the young C/forwards deserve it ..?

I would be jealous as well ...!

If i where goodison i would vary it a bit ..a good nudge with the shoulder that kind of thing ...should have same effect , no questions asked !
:lol: