• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers 2-0 Coventry

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Tannoy system still not working in JKS so didn't hear the number.

On a more serious note, it is disgraceful that the tannoy has not worked for two matches now. It must be a contravention of health and safety, and I can't believe none of the stewards or other staff have reported it. And all in a week where we supposedly 'learned the lessons from Hillsborough': pathetic.

DIW

Player
Goodison
DIW I didn't refer to you specifically. I didn't insult you. So please refrain from doing that to me. End of

Eh? WTF?
No you didn't refer to me specifically but the point about us not playing anyone decent yet was made by me so it's not a massive leap. I didn't feel insulted though.

I've read through my post to see what you were so insulted about and to be honest I can't really see why you are so upset. It can't be this bit

Quote:
Of course it will not play perfectly every game. Some people saying we havent played anyone good yet.
That was me, and we haven't. Out of the six sides we have played so far, the highest placed is 13th with 8 points. Look I'm well pleased that we have started so well and it is promising, but I was just trying to maintain some realism here, because the last thing we need is blind over optimism.

Quote:
Good grief. We regularly lost at home against bottom teams last season.
That is factually totally innacurate. In the league we only lost three games at home last season, against MK Dons, Sheff Wed (2 teams financially well above us) and Carlisle which was a poor result. At home we were always hard to beat. Away, however we did admittedly lose to all the really poor sides.

This is a forum and if you post stuff that people don't agree with they will point out what is wrong with it in their opinion. Are you still trying to tell me we lost regularly at home to poor sides last season?

I suppose it might be this bit.

Quote:
I am a realist
Not on that evidence. You're making things up!

Okay a bit harsh - I actually meant it in jest but I apologise if you were hurt by it.

Finally...

Quote:
and expect to see some back to back defeats this season. However, it is looking more promising as regards a top half finish as it stands, much as i would love automatic promotion.
I completely agree.

Aren't I agreeing with you?

White_Magic

Player
Ian Moore
Results

To say we have played no-one yet this season is utter tosh. The league this year is probably the most competitive it has been in recent years and I can not foresee anyone running away with it.

We beat Leyton Orient and Carlisle comprehensively. A demolition of Colchester at PP followed up by another solid performance against a decent Coventry side (with an average draw away from home). All in all I would say we deserve our spot in the league right now. What is that old saying…”you can only beat what is put in front of you”.

I am a realist to believe it or not. I am not for one minute saying that we are going to walk away with the league (as with my first comment) but I think that come Christmas we will still be amongst the top 6.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Enjoy it for as long as it lasts. It's not often we're first!