• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers 1 Notlob 1

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Another positive performance. We should actually have won the game tonight, Odajeyi missing a sitter from five yards after a good move in the first half.

Defensively we looked solid again, both the trialist full backs having decent games. We looked a much better side when Richards and Stockton came on in the second half; I thought they both had great games again and linked up for the equaliser, which has been a theme of the pre-season matches. Odejayi did a bit better tonight, winning a few knock downs, but did not convince. More positively, Rowe showed some lovely touches in the second half, Danny Holmes supplied some great crosses and Fonners had an excellent game. I was slightly concerned that Koumas did not look fit, while Mark Laird was also absent, sitting two rows behind me in the Paddock. Baggie had an up and down game and was as frustrating as ever.

Overall, we had a good shape and played some good football. Staying unbeaten in two games against higher placed opposition which I felt sure we would lose has to be encouraging.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Worryingly, Odejayi reminds me of Sodje. Please put my fears to rest..

Another decent result though. More good stuff from Stockton who's had a really good pre-season as has Richards.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Worryingly, Odejayi reminds me of Sodje. Please put my fears to rest..

Yes, when you actually see him play the similarity is even more striking unfortunately.....However, he looks the only poor signing of the six we have made this summer; I have been impressed by Edwards so far, tactically and in terms of player recruitment.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Thanks for the report RLC. Having missed both the Everton & Bolton games it is pleasing that 1) we didn't lose either and 2) gave a good account of ourselves. It does give encouragement ahead of a new season which most I suspect think will be one of transition and not too high expectations.

I am excited by the potential partnership of Richards and Cole. I think most would have liked the latter to have played more last season but that is history now. He has had a few seasons now sniffing around the first team so now lets hope he seizes his chance. Edwards seems likely more than most to give youth a chance ahead of the seasoned pros like Odejayi.

Lets hope for another good display at Chester on Wednesday.