• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers 0 Marine 1

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I went tonight, and it was not great in all honesty.

We played a youth side plus Pilling, Kirby, Green and Rokka. Pilling was slightly at fault for the goal, beaten at his near post, but made a number of good saves thereafter and impressed with his distribution. Kirby played the first forty five minutes. Green and Rokka were both disappointing, particularly the latter.

No outfield player suggested they are likely to feature in the first team any time soon, although Drysdale was decent at centre back and our number four in centre midfield (James Devine I think) looked very good in the first half.

Last edited:

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Both this and the Cheshire Cup home defeat to Sandbach can be seen as disappointing, perhaps suggesting we ought to have a regular reserve side. How did Kirby fare in the 45 minutes he played?

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think half the problem with these games is that we throw together a mixture of squad players and youngsters, most of whom have never played together before. We would be better off playing a pure youth team, but that would mean the squad players missing out on game time. I am not sure we have the depth in the squad at this level to justify a reserve team.

Regarding Kirby, he played in a front two in the first half. He did ok but understandably looked off the pace.