• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers 0 Hartelpool 1

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
I am concerned, though, that if there is a hangover into next season we might find ourselves at the wrong end of the table early on.

After this season, id rather have a **** start and a thunderous ending, ie the exact reverse of this season next year, since march this has been a disaster, plucking mid-table mediocrity from the jaws of promotion!

Player
Liam Palmer
Yep, there's more to life than football. Get well soon.

My view, and I am not a headbanger, is that I doubt that Ronnie is actually the man to take us much further. He did brilliantly to dig us out of a big, brown hole last season and the start to this campaign was sensational.

But the last three months have been woeful. Aside from a couple of good wins, we've been awful. When your manager says he doesn't know where the next goal is going to come from you have to worry. We cannot even use the injuries excuse - other than Wallace we had a full-strength team out there today. This malaise has to stop. Yes, I know, budgets. But we can and should be doing better.

The players are to blame, but the manager is responsible. Sorry to say that.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
You shouldn't be sorry to air your views. I know it doesn't work like this in football, but I think the players have a lot to answer for. Yes, ultimately the manager takes the fall, but like TT64 says, that was a pretty full strength team out there.

Whatever the problems, the players need to roll their sleeves up and get on with it.

Bell-Baggie has been woeful recently and there were sections of the crowd screaming for him to be subbed. Akpo just as bad.

Best wishes to your dad Boz.

Sent using Tapatalk

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Just on a side issue, it is being reported elsewhere tonight that Bakayogo's move has effectively already been sealed. If true, this goes some way to explaining his utterly mediocre performances in the last two months.

I have to say I hate this aspect of modern football. As we are still paying his wages he could at least feign interest and do something to justify his continued presence at the club.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Best wishes to Boz Sr. Have a lot of time for any non-white who goes to see us play. [Edit: not ethicity!!]

Don't think Zoum has been any worse than anyone else. That said, I saw him out in Chester last night after the game and he was pretty hammered. I shouted Zoummmmmmmm at him and he looked a bit pissed off. Oh well. **** him. Zoummm.

I doubt that Ronnie is actually the man to take us much further.

We cannot even use the injuries excuse

This malaise has to stop.

We can and should be doing better.

The players are to blame, but the manager is responsible.

This is partly true but the overwhelming sentiment is crazy imo

Nobody was asking for Ronnie to sign a 5 year contract when we were hammering everyone every week. Likewise, we should be hasty about writing him off. Let's take a step back and remember who we are for a second. We are not going to attract any manager with superior credentials. We're currently 9th, which is a bit depressing, but in the grand scheme of things this season is guaranteed to be our highest league finish since RM left. Recent history has proven that we can do a lot worse when we start thinking the grass is greener.

Aldo left in 2001 after relegation. Pound for pound RM has been a lot better than Parry, Barnes, Little, Mathias, Watson. Say what you like about Aldo, I never liked him. Before that was JK. We generally haven't achieved much other than stability, but he's the best manager we've had this century tbh. We could have been Luton, Stockport, Bradford, Grimsby. Sometimes we forget fans of these teams would love to be 9th in League 1.

Player
Manager
John King
I completely agree with Sonkorly's comments above. Under Parry, the standard of football and even the points return was deemed irrelevant as long as we stayed out of the bottom four. He was only sacked when relegation seemed inevitable. What has changed now ? Why is RM being judged by different standards ?

I think our current form is unacceptable and I am concerned about the start of next season, but let's see how the next few months pan out. If we are bottom at Christmas maybe consider a change, but to get rid of RM now would be short-termism at its worst.

I totally agree that a club operating under severe financial constraints like ourselves needs stability, probably above all else.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
To me the worst thing is we are being beaten easily by teams who are very poor and are going to be relegated and we are only missing Wallace and Mcgurk out of our best team, that is very worrying indeed.

Player
Goodison
Best wishes to your dad Boz.

I think the players have simply ran out of gas, hopefully over the summer we can bring in some players with a bit more experience at this level and find a good striker. Unfortunately without additional funds, it's going to be very difficult for Ronnie to build a squad which can maintain the kind of performance levels we had in the first part of the season over the whole season.

drwhoman

POOLS

The downturn in the team's fortunes must have been very disappointing for the players and hence confidence is rock bottom. The seeming inability to score a goal can only have made the situation worse. I just wonder whether this has resulted in dressing room disharmony that may explain the seeming lack of effort. With players getting hammered in Chester and McGinty being sent back to Man Utd for disciplinary reasons then you just wonder what is going on.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Players getting hammered in chester after the game doesnt really matter and makes no difference too how they played earlier in the day. Mcginty allegdly turned up for training in none to good a state is a problem but says more about him if true than the club.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
The lack of goals is once again a big issue and Ronnie must work his magic in pre- season to find a decent striker to partner JLAA.

Sent using Tapatalk

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Thanks guys. The kind thoughts are appreciated.

drwhoman

POOLS

I take your point bigmart but these guys are professional athletes (or meant to be!). I have nothing against a guy having a few beers but .... Does nothing for the reputation of the club either if they are seen in public one over the eight. Anyway, none of this matters really in the reality of ife.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Players getting hammered in chester after the game doesnt really matter and makes no difference too how they played earlier in the day.

Nobody ever implied otherwise

I was actually half-heartedly defending Zoum vs criticism from RLC

Player
Manager
John King
The new kits are now on the OS. Home kit is a bit Blackburn Roversish, away Scunny meets West Ham.

I did not actually relaise that Home Bargains had a national profile, so this deal is probably pretty good for us. It certainly should be more lucrative than the council sponsorship.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
“Football and retail work well together and there are many similarities between Home Bargains and Tranmere Rovers."