• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rotherham v Rovers

Rotherham v Rovers
Posted by Ian
AESSEAL New York Stadium
Saturday, August 31, 2019 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, August 31, 2019 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

ADD

Player
Norwood
The argument with having one striker would be that we would struggle to score goals. I definitely think we need two up there but then we rely heavily on the wing backs doing their defensive duties too. I actually liked having the three central defenders at the back as I thought we dealt with set pieces and crosses a lot better.

@Rockfords Love Child It certainly is refreshing to see a higher level of football these days. I really enjoyed the step up last year and hope it improves again this year.

Was anyone a little disappointed with Rotherham? I honestly thought they were going to give us a sterner challenge.
Their manager said they were poor as well although unlike the vast majority of managers he was fair about the result and said we deserved a draw... he also commented on how we closed his team down quickly and were well organised and solid at the back.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
It would be great to be attractive to the modern equivalents of Aldridge and Nevin!
It would be but can never see this happening with the massive gulf in finances and, therefore, wages between the different levels. How much would you have to pay a current (or recently ex) international who has excelled in the top flight and are in their early 30s? I shudder to think ...

Player
aldo
also good to hear mm giving the lads some credit . the other day . we all have are moans . but some times you have to give a little to . have loved watching the 12th man vid there was maddness in there and long mey it go on . . also how amazing is it to take nearly 1000 away thats not a short trip so fair to all the S.W.A . THE BEST FANS IN THE WORLD . now for a home win on sat that would be cracking