• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Ronnie's praise for Zola

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
What do we think about Ronnie's positive comments about Zola?

Personally, I'm pleased. I do think he has a lot to offer. It's a strange one though. Lot's of people dont rate him either..

I think if he can remain injury free, he would have a really productive season. But.. I believe that's one of his flaws. He quite injury prone, although he's done very well the last couple of weeks.

He may also lack confidence.

lonerover

Player
Johnny Morrissey
I reckon Ronnie is right too. What Zola has lacked, in my opinion is a run in the team. He's proved over the last 5 games that given his chance he will turn in decent performances.

He's an usual player who defenders will find awkward and he's got a lot of pace too!!

With Taylor going in the summer I reckon next season will see him really break through. I seem to remember seeing his name alot a few years back when he was on loan at Oldham, so I'm pretty hopeful.

The Rovers!

Player
Pat Nevin/Kenny Irons
He's a good player but I just wish he was a better finish. In my opinion that's whats going to stop him being a top player. I have no doubt he could play for a championship club and I hope he gets a chancein the team next season. He deserves it!!!

Player
Morrisey
I think he often looks like he is having a poor game butyet he still delivers and that is what matters. All credit to RM for working with him and getting results.

Player
Goodison
if ronnie moore think he hasnt had a run in the team why doesnt he give him one? He doesnt dare to give the young players ago. He talks a good game but he doesnt show any results. zola should have played along time ago instead of Taylor

Player
Morrisey
I have to agree with the pointg that Ronnie says all the right things but often there is no evidence of him 'walking the walk'. I think that there may be a bit of player influencew from the older players and they might have a hand in selection perhaps and also that Ronnie finds it hard to teach the old dogs new tricks.

The Rovers!

Player
Pat Nevin/Kenny Irons
I thin Gareth Taylor has got something on Ronnie!!!! No way would he get played otherwise.

You heard it here first :lol:

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I think Zola can be a big player for us too. I think he needs to improve in the air but I think he is very capable of playing at the next level with a bit of development. I'm hoping for 10-15 goals from him next season depending on injuries.