• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rochdale

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Are Rochdale the next Bury? Things are not so dire yet, but the fans are worried that conflict on the board and among shareholders could drag down what has been a well run club.
We should be grateful that we have stable, benevolent owners who are investing in the club and proactively running it. Rochdale's board seem to invest very little and exist from hand to mouth.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
Are Rochdale the next Bury? Things are not so dire yet, but the fans are worried that conflict on the board and among shareholders could drag down what has been a well run club.
We should be grateful that we have stable, benevolent owners who are investing in the club and proactively running it. Rochdale's board seem to invest very little and exist from hand to mouth.
I do think that, it could be any one of about twenty clubs including ourselves.
Your assessment of our financial situation is way over the top. Mostof the investment has come from abroad, and the club is still in debt (before covid) and bridging loans.
The only reason it isnt front page news, is the dressing up of the financial yearly report, which is eighteen months ago from a certain date. And the reassessment of the assets done before print.
Yes, we are stable at the moment, but the actual fact of having to wait for deadline day and still we havent got a striker, who is good enough for league two. Also, some of the squad, i would imagine that they were cheap. No investment on players, for the future, we do not have any youngsters except for the first year pros, who were signed because of league rules. They have very little chance of playing first team footie.
A new squad every season. No long term contracts, no sustainable chance of a transfer fee.
The whole club is dependable on outside investment, sponsorship and non football income. The ageing of the ground and maintenance costs, makes Prenton Park unviable. Five years ago, we needed a break even crowd of over ten thousand per game, to make it viable, without PJ writing off the debt, before retiring, i do believe that we would have gone under before the last year in the vanarama.
We do not have very deep pockets in league football terms.
This misperception of the club, is all smoke and mirrors.
The owners are not this vision of the club you are portraying.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
MP put an additional £500k into the playing budget, so while some of the squad could be classed as cheap but certainly there are a number very of players on decent wages. You of need to look at the size of the squad and some of the ayers we have signed to realise its not cheap.

We own our own ground along with the car park area around it which is more than a number of clubs.

Taking into account the impact of Covid the club is not in that bad a place, yes there is debt but it's not realistic to think we won't have some debt

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
A friend of a friend has warned me, that Essar has been in trouble for a few years.

I cannot say any more. Its not good!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
A friend of a friend has warned me, that Essar has been in trouble for a few years.

I cannot say any more. Its not good!
There's nothing much to say, there's been rumours for several years but it's unlikely to come to much.