• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Robins v Rovers

Match result

• Robins

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rovers

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Robins v Rovers
Posted by Ian
Jonny-Rocks Stadium
Friday, April 2, 2021 - 03:00 PM
Until: Friday, April 2, 2021 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Lloyd with a good ball in the box and again no one on the end of it.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Can someone tell me what Nugent offers.......anybody???
He’s got so much experience and is a top professional!! That’s would Keith would say anyway. The fact is he’s totally off the pace and has been since he joined us

Player
Jonny Morrisey
He’s got so much experience and is a top professional!! That’s would Keith would say anyway. The fact is he’s totally off the pace and has been since he joined us
Haha both of those may be true but he's not going to win us any football matches Keith!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Rides on for Ray. Like for like I’m guessing

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
70 mins gone. Still no shots on target.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
70 mins gone. Still no shots on target.

ironically we’ve had a half decent spell with plenty of balls into the box. Even if it was 0-0 I don’t think we’d get ok the end of them

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
ironically we’ve had a half decent spell with plenty of balls into the box. Even if it was 0-0 I don’t think we’d get ok the end of them
That has been a problem for weeks and we still haven't found an answer.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
We haven't given up and our heads haven't dropped, but we have been outplayed in every department today. The only positive is the other results are going really well.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The decision to replace Payne and Ferrier with Nugent looks worse as the weeks go by. We don't have a competent centre forward other than Vaughan.

Player
Manager
John King
We haven't given up and our heads haven't dropped, but we have been outplayed in every department today. The only positive is the other results are going really well.
I don't think we have been outplayed in a footballing sense to be honest. We have not defended set plays and we have not matched their physicality and appetite, which is actually a more damning criticism.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I’m trying to be positive here. It’s only one game, and neither FGR or Bolton won. We’ve had a 9 game unbeaten run on our travels before today.
The problem is overall performances of late haven’t been great at all. Even the win v Exeter was a tad lucky. The loss of Vaughan has been massive and whilst the 4th goal was a peach today, I can’t help feeling Scottie would have been more demanding with those long throws. So to lose those two players is massive and you wonder whether the other players have lost hope without them.
If we have a similar performance and result v Cambridge I have major concerns about the confidence and could easily see us dropping down the table and out of the play offs.

Time for Keith to show his mettle and earn his wages to turn things round for Monday. However without Vaughan we can’t make any defensive slip ups as we won’t score many. Hopefully today was a one off but I fear the loss of those two players will be our undoing this season.

Player
Manager
John King
Why is Nugent flicking at that chance ? He could take a touch and smash the ball home.

Reactions: Boz
Player
Jonny Morrisey
This is what really annoys me though, the results have gone well for us a few times of late and not once have we managed to take advantage!