• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Robins v Rovers

Match result

• Robins

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rovers

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Robins v Rovers
Posted by Ian
Jonny-Rocks Stadium
Friday, April 2, 2021 - 03:00 PM
Until: Friday, April 2, 2021 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
We have been improving but Clarke gives it away and it is three nil. Ridiculous.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Can I get a refund from Sky?

Player
Manager
John King
None of Cheltenham's goals have been created from open play. They have all resulted from the long throw and defensive errors.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
An absolutely terrible first half. Don’t want to be over dramatic but if it gets worse the impact on our season could be severe

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Did we manage a shot on target? Woolerys doesnt count either!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Tough half-time talk for Keith, who will feel badly let down. Only Spearing and Khan are themselves today - and perhaps Murphy, who has been exposed for the goals. Just one shot, a hopeful long effort from Spearing, which was off target.

Keith will have to switch formation if not personnel. The diamond is not working, leaving acres of space on the wings. Too many players below par today.

Player
Jonny Morrisey
Possibly the worst half of the season so far for me, we offered absolutely nothing! Cheltenham not had to work particularly hard for any of their goals and we offer nothing going forward. The only cross we have put in and we have no-one in the box to challenge. Damage limitation here I think, we need to pack the midfield to stop us being over run! I've been saying it for a few weeks now, I dont feel we're good enough, certainly for automatic promotion, and unless we get Vaughan back and have a focal point upfront, we'll struggle in the play offs!!

Player
aldo
I am so glad I have not paid to watch this. just hope HILL does not say is not bothered or happy with our play or has a go at the fans the ammo they are going to have tonight is frightening

Player
aldo
he has gotta play Jolly or burton Lewis cant do it and if Nugent is not up to it send him back we need something and he is not it

Player
Too many of them after over 50 years!
The only positive is that those below us (that matter) are losing and Bolton drew. 3 points on Monday..... After I clear the egg off my face. Could come out of the afternoon still fourth and one point behind third.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Clarke's error to gift the third when we were just getting a toehold in the game sums up the defensive shambles we've been today. I'd agree with White Squaddie that damage limitation is our best bet; the defence can't be trusted today so try and stifle things in midfield. Repeat of the first half and we lose by 6 or 7.

Player
Manager
John King
Tough half-time talk for Keith, who will feel badly let down. Only Spearing and Khan are themselves today - and perhaps Murphy, who has been exposed for the goals. Just one shot, a hopeful long effort from Spearing, which was off target.

Keith will have to switch formation if not personnel. The diamond is not working, leaving acres of space on the wings. Too many players below par today.
Hill has to take some responsibility for the way we have defended the set plays. We look completely unprepared and clueless, despite having a free week to work on them. In the first few minutes we continually gave them throw ins in the attacking third when it would have been better to clip the down the line or concede a corner.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Nugent and Lloyd on for Morris and OConnor. Must be a change of shape but surely too late given the damage done.

think I’d take 3-0 now and move on

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
High risk strategy weakening midfield to add to the attack given how far behind we are. No damage limitation for Keith

Player
aldo
and Lewis stays on strang let the Twitter trolls begin they already have going to be a bad night

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Job done for Cheltenham, happy to soak up pressure. Still no shots on target..

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
4-0. A great strike but again a man is left on the edge of the box totally unmarked