• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

roberts leaves

• Thread starter championship_here_we_come
  • Start date

DixieDean

nomur said:
He's Robbo's agent and only doing his job. he's not the only reason Robbo has left. I'd imagine it has quite a lot to do with the completely disappointing season we've had and maybe robbo felt a bit held back by that.

I wish him all the best in the future.

yeah, i don't get why people are slagging Robbo or Haworth off. At the end of the day they both want what best for them financially and who can blame them! Football's a business after all.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Yeah, Haworth is in it for the money imo. Gareth could have easily got a move to a Champ club, but it seems to be me that Donny flash the cash more readily these days and seem to be going places to be fair to them, but Gareth won't find it easier to break into the Wales team still playing at our level really.

Player
Morrisey
Yes. That is another thing that confused me. Why would he stay in League One if he is trying to play international football? Maybe he knoews he only has 4/5 years left and wants to get as much money in the bank as possible.

M

Matthew The Rover

Or maybe it's just that with a new stadium, all these new signings and plenty of potential, he realises Doncaster are going to be around the promotion spots all season meaning he'll get more publicity and if they go up....

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'm surprised and a little disillusioned by this. Doncaster is a club with potential, but getting out of this League in the upwards direction will be tougher next season. Gareth never let us down in the old division 1, could easily have played at that level again. Would have thought he could do better for himself. Think that like Clint Hill going to Oldham it was the wrong move for Gareth.

Player
The Sherriff
The fact is we don't know how the deal was negotiated so you can't say that it is Haworth's fault and you certainly shouldn't slag him off. I don't think the move is money motivated, we've known Gareth wanted out since January and he signed for a club with good prospects.
Both Haworth and Roberts contributed to the club immensely and those with fickle memories who choose to boo Roberts next season are merely showing their ignorance. Since are relegation the only player to leave the club on bad terms was Thornton, channel your anger at him when we play Donny. :wink:

white life

white for life
Player
John Achterberg, Craig Curran and Anthony Kay
excuse me ronnies rovers but what exactly did haworth do in the grand scale of things. ok he scored a few goals but he was a lazy player who would not run for the ball. most of his goals came via humes tireless hard work. it was very noble of him to stay with us for a season while he wasn't playing and then say 'cheerio, i've had enough'. don't say i have a fickle mind as i know what i am talking about. just because you don't agree with my statement doesn't give you the right to call me fickle

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
I don't think he called you fickle. I think he said that those who choose to boo Gareth next season are fickle. Personally I'd say they're candidates for a full-frontal lobotomy. I mean really, to even think about booing a great loyal servant of many years, simply for having an agent that some thought was a bit of a lazy player (he wasn't) is just plain retarded.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Couldn't agree more. Anyone that would boo someone who was such a great servant to Rovers for many years needs to stop living under a rock and get out in the real world.

Why should Robbo be punished for wanting to further himself in his own career. After such a disappointing season, with Gareth being shuffled around to different positions by a manager that had obviously lost control of reality, he must have felt like he was going nowhere and probably had no other option. You have to respect that.

I would have loved if he'd decided to stay but I suppose if I was in his boots and couldn't see anything positive on the horizon, I would have done the same thing.

I wish him the very best, and thanks for the memories.

New Season, New Gaffer, Some New Blood, and as they say in tennis........... New Balls Please!!!!

C'mon Rovers!!

white life

white for life
Player
if you read it you would see that it was haworth i was annoyed at. i praised roberts for being a fantastic servant and would be glad to see him back

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
And why are you annoyed at Haworth? What did he do only his job? :lol:

white life

white for life
Player
because we paid him for the best part of the season and a half when he was injured, he then decided he wasn't fit enough to carry on, left us and then played a significant role in roberts departure. are those enough reasons for me being annoyed. (by the way, to stop you misinterpreting this, i am thankful to roberts for staying as long as he did)

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Plenty of reasons there white life..... none I understand so I think we'll move on.

NDBH..... grounds for lobotomy??

M

Matthew The Rover

I too think Simon had a big role to play in making Gareth move on, but to be honest, he's only doing what an agent does, and that's looking for what is best for his client.

white life

white for life
Player
don't get other people to fight your battles. i think one way, you think the other, lets leave it at that and get ready to push the whites up to the championship

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
I think it's aimed at me NDBH.

And just for the record White_Life I don't need anyone to fight my battles, there is no battle being fought here.

I'm not on here to annoy anyone or have a go I'm just giving my opinion, and because I don't agree with yours doesn't make this an argument.

That's it, no more, I'm moving away from this and if you want to respond just to have the last word, go right ahead. I really don't care.

Apologies to all message board users if I was anyway offensive. :???::???:

white life

white for life
Player
glad to see you left it after i already had. nbdh i was'nt aiming that at you, i was just asking him not to get other people involved