• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

roberts leaves

• Thread starter championship_here_we_come
  • Start date
C

championship_here_we_come

link
gareth has left or will do on the 1st for donacaster rovers

Cow Shed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Sorry Gareth but this is a strange one. It must have been a money decision as opposed to ambition cos with the best will in the world, new ground or not, Doncaster are at best a sideways move.
The official website says "the club" were in talks until the early hours. What a pity "the club" didn't include a new manager expressing his ambitions etc for the club. The lad might then have been swayed to at least give it until the first transfer window.

Player
Morrisey
I am sorry, but this has sickened me! why? Why would he want to leave to what would be seen as an infearior move? I would understand if he moved to the likes of Hull but donny...? i hope they go down and we go up this season and Gareth is regrets his move! He has been a good servant, but this is puzzleing and shows how much money plays a bigger role than loyalty to a club!

C

im sorry but doncaster have got ambitions we havent
it is a good move, they are on the up we are on the down,
new stadium a chairman who is willing to invest in the squad
donacster to win the league next season or at least finish in the top 6 mark my words

however im sure if we might of got a manager sorted out he would of satyed at least until january

Player
Morrisey
"however im sure if we might of got a manager sorted out he would of satyed at least until january"

It is might HAVE.

I think that it is the fact that he has aquired new agents that has made him move! It would have always been in the back of his mind, however agents pushing him for a deal that will seal them money has capped it all off!

C

Super_white_army said:
"however im sure if we might of got a manager sorted out he would of satyed at least until january"

It is might HAVE.

stop being pedantic it still make sense this is a forum not an english essay

Player
Morrisey
I know, but it is a frequent mistake and and I am just bringing it too light! I wasn't correcting you, I was just letting the offenders (for want of a better word) know. I didn't name any one because I had guessed I would get a reaction like that. By the way it only makes sense when you are speaking not when you have written it. It might be understood, but it certainly doesn't make sense. I wouldn't have a problem if you corrected me, I know I make numerous mistakes. Sorry if you have taken offence.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Would like to thank Gareth for all his hard work and effort he has put into playing for this club. Although I must say i'm disappointed he left for another League One club.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
championship_here_we_come said:
im sorry but doncaster have got ambitions we havent

You stole my words CHWC. But money plays a big part methinks, Haworth has gotta make a living somehow.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Gareth has always shown us loyalty. Everyone and I mean everyone expected a player of his quality to move away when we were relegated. He stuck with us, signing new contracts for less and less money. There comes a point where even the most loyal player will have had enough. Two and a half seasons under a half-witted, utterly negative manager who plays you out of position, then there being no manager at the club to renegotiate your contract when it's up - that's probably enough.

Brilliant servant to the club, always been one of our best and most committed players. It's painful of course to see another good player leaving, but it is totally expected. And by taking Tremarco under his wing these last two seasons Gareth has effectively ensured we aren't left in the lurch. I'll always hold Gareth in high regard and cheer and applaud his name when we play Doncaster next season.

M

Matthew The Rover

Money I bet has nothing to do with this. Gareth has gone because he can see that Doncaster are a club on the up. Brand new stadium and signing some great players, they will push for the play-offs at least next season. Tranmere meanwhile, well, they have about 8 contracted players, no manager, no money and are a club who pleases themselves in selling the best players. Roberts can see we are going nowhere and after 7 years has thought to himself I've done enough for this club, it's time to go.

Thanks for all the memories Gareth and all the best.

white life

white for life
Player
John Achterberg, Craig Curran and Anthony Kay
thanks to roberts for staying so long but i currently despise haworth. he is one of the main reasons roberts has left. we kept haworth on our books for as long as he wanted us too and now he has played a big part in one of our best players leaving. well f*** off haworth. thanks for being a money grabber.

Player
Morrisey
Completely agree White Life! We payed him for nothing whilst he was injured and then once he has left he screws us over I feel! I would have thought he would have been loyal to the club. I could be wrong but that is how I view the situation.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Super_white_army said:
I am just bringing it too light!

It's 'I am just bringing it TO light'

'Too' means an excess of something, e.g. 'I am too tired', 'He gets payed too much', or 'also' e.g. 'Can I come too?'

Sorry, but it is a common mistake, yadda, yadda, yadda #-o :wink:

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Quite surprised by this move, I really thought he might go straight to a Championship club.

But Donny are on the up and we're going nowhere at the moment.

A sad day for Rovers fans, Robbo has been a great servant and consistently one of our best players.=D> =D> =D>

B

Banana Army

yh i wsh robbo had styed bt wsh hm all da bst in the futur, nd ope he dnt fl bd bout situashun lark. wtf! omg! huh?

;)

Player
Morrisey
Yes thank you Gray. Trust me to make a mistake on that post. Don't quite know why you are appologising. #-o beats me.

I am sure that a Championship side will have offered a contract for him, so why would he go to Doncatser? For me money would only play so much of a part in choosing the club I would move to. I would have thought that Roberts would have moved to a championship side. I have to agree completely with Gray commenting on his consistency. He has been a true pro. :cry:Good bye Gareth.:cry:

B

Banana Army

Gray said:
Quite surprised by this move, I really thought he might go straight to a Championship club.

But Donny are on the up and we're going nowhere at the moment.

A sad day for Rovers fans, Robbo has been a great servant and consistently one of our best players.=D> =D> =D>

Never start a sentence with But!!!! Yadda yadda Yadda

We could go on, but I suggest we end it there.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Great servant to the club. Little disappointed he ended up at Doncaster as even though some have suggested, they are a team going places, it's still another season in division one for him. I wish him all the best though, and thanks for the memories.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
white life said:
well f*** off haworth. thanks for being a money grabber.

He's Robbo's agent and only doing his job. he's not the only reason Robbo has left. I'd imagine it has quite a lot to do with the completely disappointing season we've had and maybe robbo felt a bit held back by that.

I wish him all the best in the future.