• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Robbo's gone.....

Player
Backayogo
I see Robbo has left by mutual consent. I had heard that he was disruptive in the dressing room. Wonder where he'll go now?

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
A great player on his day but his injury record was an issue and if disruptive he had to go.

He had a decent career though with his Swansea days. May retire or play for someone like Chester where he could maybe get away with being unfit..

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Was a top player in his day and did very well for us especially when we were flying last season, good luck robbo.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I would echo the comments above. We should remember that we might already be playing in League Two if it had not been for Robbo's contribution in recent seasons, particularly 2009-10.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Great player for us when he arrived, but I do think he struggled late on particularly this season.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
His return to the club on LesAid started badly with a sending off in his first game, but he came back to score a 25-yarder in the penultimate game v Millwall, setting us up for Stockport and the L1 survival victory. A couple of decent seasons followed, the hat-trick at Carlisle being a high. He started this season ok, but after a hernia op, didn't seem to regain much fitness at all, talk of behind the scenes fights and arguments, some ill-judged remarks on twitter after his rightful substitution in the Walsall game and it all ends rather sadly. I'm a little surprised we let him go now, still think he might have been a handy player to have on the bench, but guess he's burned too many bridges.

Sodje's gone too. What on previous form looked like a decent signing, turned into a total waste of a wage, without even considering the issue of police investigations.

drwhoman

Sad about Robbo. A pretty decent player in his time. He has had a good career and in many ways he should be grateful. He has achieved far more than many he started out with over fifteen years ago. However, he has struggled with injuries in recent times and this in a dressing room that has experienced more losses than wins probably accounts for his apparent lack of professionalism. There would also be an element of his 'raging against the dying of the light' and what am I going to do now?

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Robbo has retired due to injury after barely featuring for Shrewsbury this season.

He has had a good career and I'll never forget some of his performances in a TRFC shirt when we were top from August to Jan before things went wrong. Notably his performance away at Carlisle amongst others.

You wonder if he'll go into coaching and depending on Mickys future, could end up back at TRFC in some capacity one day....certainly he could give some players a kick up the backside.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, when he was on form he was a real tricky player.

He should have hung his boots up last season, he could hardly run!