• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Ritchie Partridge

Player
Morrisey
Apparently (according to a football rumours website) Little has offered Ritchie Partridge a contract. He was released from Sheff Wed the other day. I think he would be a good signing. He has had Championship experience and will help us to get up there. What does every one else think?

(\\:D/Also happy 18th Birthday Banana_Army\\:D/)

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Is he a left or right winger? Would be pleased with this signing. Wonder what affect Little leaving would have on any negotiations?

S

Seanyb

I was gutted we missed out on him last season, so fingers crossed whoever our new manager is going to be, they spot partridge. He didnt do well at sheff wed but i think his first proper season on the championship was too difficult. I think he would shine in league 1

If little offered him a contract does that mean the deal is now off?

DixieDean

Seanyb said:
If little offered him a contract does that mean the deal is now off?

not neccessarily. It a contract offered by the club. Obviously the club could now withdraw the offer but I imagine LR would consult with the existing backroom staff as to whether the offer should still be made.
The only problem I foresee is the player not wanting to sign without knowing who his boss will be.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Listen, the club would be absolutely stupid to sign a player before getting a new manager. If the new gaffer didn't like him or see him in his plans, what a waste of money???!!!

Lets get a new gaffer first, and a good un to attract some decent players as this team is not good enough, simple as...

S

Seanyb

You are right SCS, but in the same scenario, i think you need to be pretty quick in the transfer market otherwise you can miss out on good signings.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
It's like an annual thing this, talks with ritcie partridge lol.

Lets get a new gaffer first before new players thats the most important thing, but when it all gets up and running I'd love to see Ritchie in the team.