• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Ritchie Jones

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Ritchie Jones (formerly of ManUre schoolboys) has been released by Oldham. Dikov signed him up but clearly the personal relationship broke down somewhere along the line. Wonder if he could do a job for us, and if Les would have better man-management skills when dealing with the uppetty manc?

Decent player at schoolboy level, but he's now 24 and with an ego and probably an agent to placate, I doubt he'd want to play for Tranmere, and I also have to wonder if we'd want him... given how impressive our own welshie centre back turned midfielder Ash Taylor has looked at just 20.

Player
Goodison
Not quite sure what Ash Taylor has done to impress in midfield besides hoof the ball into the stands at increasingly high trajectories. Taylor's is a centre back, he doesn't have the ball control to play in midfield. Jones would be worth a look at, although I'm not sure if a central midfielder is top of the target list.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Not quite sure what Ash Taylor has done to impress in midfield besides hoof the ball into the stands at increasingly high trajectories. Taylor's is a centre back, he doesn't have the ball control to play in midfield. Jones would be worth a look at, although I'm not sure if a central midfielder is top of the target list.

Agree wholeheartedly assuming we keep Robbo. Welsh, Lab, Weir, Robbo, Taylor (if need be) and hopefully a some sort of breakthrough season for Max, plus we have the short-term loan market in an emergency. CM is one position we shouldn't have to worry about too much.