• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Reserves team

ADD

Player
Norwood
I see our newly reformed reserve team have their first game in the Central League today at 2pm at the Campus against Blackpool. There are generally not many/ any reports on these games so anyone there/ in the know I would appreciate a report/ details of who played.

Caprice may get a run I suppose to see how he is after injury and Danns also I assume to help with match fitness. Gilmour and the other forgottens should all play and I would like to see how Walker Rice/ Spellman etc. do.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I see our newly reformed reserve team have their first game in the Central League today at 2pm at the Campus against Blackpool. There are generally not many/ any reports on these games so anyone there/ in the know I would appreciate a report/ details of who played.

Caprice may get a run I suppose to see how he is after injury and Danns also I assume to help with match fitness. Gilmour and the other forgottens should all play and I would like to see how Walker Rice/ Spellman etc. do.
I wasn't aware of this but it sounds like a positive step.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I was sorry we didn't reform our reserve side when Mark took over. However, it's a good move to keep our fringe players fit, to ease in players returning from injury and to bring on the first year pros and promising youth team players.

ADD

Player
Norwood
There is a report on the website but very annoyingly though no team list....
From the report itself Caprice played 60 minutes - good!
Gilmour played as obviously did Pilling and youngsters Nugent and Thomson who seemed to create a few chances.
No idea on the rest?
Anyone know?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Cut and paste from another site
Side was: Pilling
Caprice (RB)
Borthwick Jackson (LB)
Musumbba (CB)
Spellman (CB)
Burton (LM)
Gilmour (CM)
Hayde(CM)
Nugent (RM)
Thompson (CF)
Ponticelli (CF).

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Not a bad result from such an inexperienced side. I agree that report should list the teams and also Luke Pilling is referred to as English.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Cut and paste from another site
Side was: Pilling
Caprice (RB)
Borthwick Jackson (LB)
Musumbba (CB)
Spellman (CB)
Burton (LM)
Gilmour (CM)
Hayde(CM)
Nugent (RM)
Thompson (CF)
Ponticelli (CF).
Great thanks Boz - can you let me know which site for future reference as I couldnt find it anywhere!
Cheers