• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

rearguard want little out????

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
once again rearguard are after little to go, they want him out, I hope they don't start chanting it again like at chesterfield. They do myhead in.

Little to stay. What you think of rearguards stupidity?

M

Matthew The Rover

I say Little has five games to sort it out or goes. This season the aim (like last years I will add) was promotion and the chance of getting it are slim. We have won less than half of our home games and only picked up four away points. This is not promotion form. Have you noticed how close we are to bottom?

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
If we loose to forset and hudders and daraw or lose to scunny then I'll start critiscind him we are fine woth himits just defensively we need to sort out, why we gave away linwood I'll never know. Sort out defense and were fine other than that stop complaing.

M

Matthew The Rover

And stop buying 30 something have beens/never were's

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Name the never weres or has beens.
Cos ranks certainly aint 1, sumerbee certainly ain't 1. Macca is to underated. So what 30 something has beens???

M

Matthew The Rover

Summerbee is a has been, as is McAtear and Whitmore. Wilson was never going to get in the team why sign him.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Hmm, Little out on rearguard, and here's me thinking it was all doom and gloom on here! Well, so I've been told.

Although Little isn't enjoying his greatest spell, I keep thinking about who could do a better job. I think this is being a harsh. He has limited resources, no money and we had a great season last.

If he can improve the away form, things would be a lot different. Sizable task though :shock:

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
thank you Ian too maany people think he should be perfect and win everything, every mananger has their bad spell.

Ian said:
Hmm, Little out on rearguard!

If he can improve the away form, things would be a lot different. Sizable task though :shock:

exactly right ian. who is gunna replace little? and who is to say that person would put us in a better position! I want a change and that's no secret,but i am not convinced with the managers available! we would have to get a manager who is already in a job,so that would cost.and if we can't buy players we certainly can't buy a manager :cry: :!:

also ian, we need to improve our home form. 2-2 with bradford,blackpool,and gillingham ain't good enough. if we are gunna get promoted at least two of them draws needed to be wins :!:

M

Matthew The Rover

Aldo's Worthy 2000 said:
Ian said:

exactly right ian. who is gunna replace little? and who is to say that person would put us in a better position!

David Kelly

Matthew The Rover said:
Aldo's Worthy 2000 said:
Ian said:

exactly right ian. who is gunna replace little? and who is to say that person would put us in a better position!

David Kelly

GOOD SHOUT. with that one all the way there :!: :lol: :D =D>

evo_trfc

Little is a good manager but the fans want us at the moment to go through the season unbeaten and win all of our matches, i to want that but looking at our squad little had our 2 best players sold underneath him no money to buy new players who are of the quality of hume and taylor.
We will be in the top half come the end of the season and might just might make the playoffs but looking at our squad, no disrespect to some of the quality players we have but we look a mid table side, if we loose 5 on the trot then little will have to go but at the moment with the funds and players available i think hes doing a good job.
Remember he took us from the bottom to 7th in his 1st season, 3rd in his second does that mean nothing!!! Give him a chance

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Also a change in manager would mean unrest. I'm not into this changing of manager when he has a bad spell. It happens far too often in the game. I dont see what good it would do.

What makes David Kelly so great?
Little has been around a lot longer, knows the game inside out. Let's stick with him, well at least until Tuesday night :lol: (joking..) :roll:

Player
John Aldridge
Who has David Kelly managed before eh??? You want to use our club as his guinea pig club? Errrrr no thanks. Things could go Dave Watson and we'd get relegated. God did anyone like Dave Watson?
It just goes to show the low mentality of the rearguard.
As for the 30 somethings, the problem everyone had with macca was they just saw the name and thought 'yeah great an ex prem international' and expected wonders. Barmby-esque so to speak, sadly it doesnt work like that does it. Teams work extra hard to shut better quality players out of the game and make them look average.
Im stunned no one has picked up on why we're not doing too well yet, to me its blatantly obvious our midfield dont score!!!!!! The forward pair and defenders have to carry the midfield. Bring back Kenny Irons or another midfielder who CAN hit a cows arse with a banjo!!!

DixieDean

Phantom of Prenton said:
Who has David Kelly managed before eh???

I don't think that matters. Everyone starts somewhere. Look at Mike Newell. Also didn't Ray Matthias start off very successfully at Wigan? I think it comes down to whether they have the right approach or not.

Dave Watson wasn't wanted by most Rovers supporters, so he was always on a hiding to nothing. The fact that he was crap didnt help him either, lol.

Ned Kelly is a born motivator. Remember the great run we had when he was asssitant at PP? I personally think the team of Ray and Ned would be a great combination. Not that I'm saying "Little Out" or anything like that. I actually think Little has brought in some real class in Greenacre and Facey and should be given enough time to see how the team develops around them. Summerbee is new (and very unfit) and Aiston is new to the left wing! It will take time.

S

sam miguel

Phantom of Prenton said:
As for the 30 somethings, the problem everyone had with macca was they just saw the name and thought 'yeah great an ex prem international'

That’s not exactly true. I for one never wanted McAteer to come to Tranmere and wouldn’t be arsed if he left today. I don’t think he’s bought anything to the team or club since he joined, apart from an increased wage bill.

I totally agree with DixieDean. Ned would be a great asset to the club but let’s not get hasty, Little should have the rest of this season to prove he is the man to take us up. Changing the manager in the middle of a season because of a bad run is pointless unless they are totally inept, e.g. not telling the team who should be taking any penalties awarded :wink:

C

championship_here_we_come

evo_trfc said:
Remember he took us from the bottom to 7th in his 1st season, 3rd in his second does that mean nothing!!!

yes he did take us to 7th but we would of finsihed in the top half anyway we had jsut had a bad run
3rd means nothing unless u get promoted
u could finish 3rd or 20th and still have thew same outcome from your season another season in league 1

J

Johnny King is God

the way ned walked out on us - i wouldnt have him back the little shithead.

DixieDean

Johnny King is God said:
the way ned walked out on us - i wouldnt have him back the little shithead.

that's not fair really, it's not like he's a Birkenhead lad or anything.
The guy was probably given a hefty pay rise and it was a club in a higher division. Wasn't it also another of his former clubs?

J

Johnny King is God

Dont care. He was under contract and he reneged on it. NO WAY would we EVER hire anyone who did that to us. Quite right too.