• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

rearguard want little out????

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
this is probably the most replies I've had on one of my topics :lol:
im so proud :)

B

Banana Army

bolton_hater said:
this is probably the most replies I've had on one of my topics :lol:
im so proud :)

Cos all the tohers are shit :lol:

Joking

DixieDean

Johnny King is God said:
nope - hill left because he refused to sign a new one. was still under contract. thats why we got money for him.

http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/s...hletic/s/17/17387_hill_wary_of_old_mates.html

how embarrassing for you Matthew. :lol:

JKIG, Maybe you should read that webpage again. It doesnt say we sold him, it says Oldham paid a fee. That is totally different.

He left Tranmere on a Bosman. He announced half way through his last season that he would be leaving on a Bosman. Perhaps we got a tribunal fee for him because he was 22 at the time. But we did not sell him.

I think you owe Matthew an apology :D

B

Banana Army

DixieDean said:
Johnny King is God said:
nope - hill left because he refused to sign a new one. was still under contract. thats why we got money for him.

http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/s...hletic/s/17/17387_hill_wary_of_old_mates.html

how embarrassing for you Matthew. :lol:

JKIG, Maybe you should read that webpage again. It doesnt say we sold him, it says Oldham paid a fee. That is totally different.

He left Tranmere on a Bosman. He announced half way through his last season that he would be leaving on a Bosman. Perhaps we got a tribunal fee for him because he was 22 at the time. But we did not sell him.

I think you owe Matthew an apology :D

How embarassing JKIG :lol:

C

ChiefRich

Matthew is not the type to get things like that wrong, so no point arguing with him on matters of fact.

However, I agree with the always insightful administrator of this forum when he says that Matthew is wrong on the issue of "4 games to decide" etc. I also don't think that the arbitrary nature of this is the right approach here.

I think football managers need to work on the vibes they give off.

Everton have had a shocking start to the season, but everyone seems content that Mr David Moyes is capable of sorting it out. He seems to give off good vibes so there is no danger of him being sacked.

England tend to get good results but there is no positive feeling about Sven Goran Eriksson. I am personally of the school that thinks that Sven is holding the England team back and wasting the talents of the best players England have had at the same time since the days of Alf Ramsey.

Think that Brian Little has similar problems to Sven. He doesn't seem to do very well with the media, and the team doesn't seem to play football that is all that exciting, so there are no positive vibes and the fans think that change is necessary. I am generally supportive of Brian Little but am beginning to get doubts I must admit. I am influenced somewhat by the fact that people who go to more games than me tell me about some of the poor play conjured up.

Like Sven, Little also doesn't play the right midfield combination.
England's very simple solution is to tell Gerrard to play as a defensive mid. He came to the fore at Liverpool in that role, and he is such a good player that he can do it. If he won't do it because he is used to being the good player, he should be dropped.
At our level, the central midfield area needs energy. McAteer and Rankine are too old to provide it; at least one of Jennings or Harrison (preferably Jennings) needs to be playing. My personal choice is McAteer and Jennings. I do think that some of the McAteer criticism is a bit over-the-top at times but sometimes deserved.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
ChiefRich said:
My personal choice is McAteer and Jennings. I do think that some of the McAteer criticism is a bit over-the-top at times but sometimes deserved.

Have you seen McAteer this season mate? I've not said a bad word about him since he's been at the club (well, OK, maybe one or two words) ;) but this seasons he's been dreadful.

C

ChiefRich

Seen him a few times. Only gone to Huddersfield since we turned really shit (oh and Bradford, nearly forgot about that).

Think everyone was shit against Huddersfield; remember a couple of decent passes by him v Bradford; think one of them led to one of the goals. I think when he concentrates on passing he is not as bad as some people make out.

J

Johnny King is God

:oops:
ok, i half apologise. My intial point was that he brought money into the club though.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I guess it also raises question marks over his captaincy. Is he really a great leader on the pitch?

C

ChiefRich

No he is not. I think his argumentative nature is a bad example and that he should not be captain.

B

Banana Army

Its gotts be commander general Rankine if you want an example set.