• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

ray mathias to be named manager by fri

DixieDean

Jewell is supposedly also in the running for the Hull job :lol: Can't see him coming here myself.

Curbishley will be Hull boss before the end of next week.
Watch this space....

I'd love to see Jewell take the helm and having Ray as his number 2 would be great!

Ally

Player
Aldo
I AM LOSING THE WILL TO LIVE...

This is now BEYOND depressing. Every day I stare at the table and gulp. When new managers come in they always say "I like a challenge" but even that old cliche isn't enough to explain the poop we find ourselves in. Lord have mercy on our souls and pray we get a good bloke in who can steady the ship. [-o<

Dear Dear Sonko, we havent disagreed, we just have different opinions. Nor have I changed my mind - youre making things up again. I'm not justifyimg anything, merely answering politely your question regarding were you there in the 80's - yes. And I still go know - older but no wiser.

Player
Liam Palmer
Girls, could you please stop bashing your handbags about over nothing. It's giving me a headache!

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Dear Dear Sonko, we havent disagreed, we just have different opinions. Nor have I changed my mind - youre making things up again. I'm not justifyimg anything, merely answering politely your question regarding were you there in the 80's - yes. And I still go know - older but no wiser.

I wasn't there in the 80s myself - why would I ask you if you were? Case of mistaken identity I think! Your problem doesn't lie with me, lol..

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Moving swiftly on... still no word of a manager then!

Claire

Ray Mathias

Talking to someone this morning who is a personal friend of Rays and he has not been approached/asked!

DixieDean

The first thing I thought of when people said they'd seen Ray making notes in the main stand is that he was probably looking at putting together some kind of analysis of the current team and a presentation for PJ to show how he would improve things, either if/when he was called upon or as part of an application by him for the vacancy.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Happen he's just a student of the game and learning from watching every game, no matter how good or bad. Just a thought.

Still no news, I feel sorry for Les. He's in an impossible position, stuck with the same players. The team don't know whether they're coming or going, nobody seems to have a clue what is going on, it's not good for anyone.

Surely they've interviewed the likely candidates, just a case of making a decision now and getting th man in to do his job. Quick, before it's too late!

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Player
Johnny Morrissey
I was thinking exactly the same when I heard the news. Think he'd be excellent although he's had lots of money at Peterborough, but has invested in young non-league talent which is reasonably cheap. Not afraid to take a gamble with these players - bit like how we used to do with Kingy - Nolan, Challinor, Malkin, Branch etc etc.

He'd be on my shortlist, and closer to daddy too for him!