• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Raven

Is he any good?

• Yep

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Your thoughts so far?
I know its early, but he's hardly been noticable! :whistle:

M

Matthew The Rover

Looked awful at Oldham and vs. Barnsley unfortunatly but I hope and think he is just a bit short of match fitness

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I think its a bit early to say yet... I'll give him another 3 games or so and then review the situation.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

I think its a bit early yet but he seems like a dirty player he did do a tackle on Sat that was worth a yellow. He hasn't shines yet but theres always our next game to see him shine. He might need time to settle in

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
Only 2 matches in so I can't say too much thats why I've put undecided.

So far not so good. nothing impressive yet.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
OK, early impressions then :whistle:

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Sorry Ian, but just not seen enough of him to be able to tell either way. And how good any of our players are at the moment is coloured by the fact that we have no team unit and no solid tactics on which the players can build a performance.

BOBBY CONN

Hello everyone, I used to post on here religiously before the change over, am in Australia at the moment and am really missing going to the game and footy in general but am enjoying catching up on here, this is defo the best Tranmere site on the net...as for Raven I have not seen him play but know he had a good game for Liverpool in the Carling Cup last season (v spurs I think)...my mate has watched his games for us though and says he is not effective at all and is a shadow of the player Ryan Taylor was for us...hopefully he will add something, I suppose he deserves a few more games to settle in but if he doesn't start performing soon who would you look to? we aren't excatly well off in that pst. really, I don't think Linwood plays particullay well there so it would have to be one of the young lads or even Macateer, although he was out of position whilst playing there for Liverpool and hasn't really got the legs to get up and down the line as a real all round full back should...

B

Banana Army

The Connsters Back. Long time no talk. Glad your enjoyin yaself in Aus mate. Howsw it all going?

BOBBY CONN

Not too bad Banana mate, are you good? Oz beats the sub-zero conditions you seem to be having at the moment, I'm in Sydney at present then travelling up the east coast towards Cairns...Missing the Rovers and that but you can't let things tie you down too much I reckon or you won't do anything!...
Doesn't seem like I'm missing much I just hope we can put this dreadful season behind us, get a new manager and make some strides towards re-buliding in the Summer. There is so much to do to get us back up there and I can't see us bringing in players of the quality of Hume, Taylor or Hall (why oh why did we not just give him the 2 years like he deserved!) So what do you think of Raven then?

B

Banana Army

I think he's alright personally mate. He needs more time to mature and to settle down, but i think hes going to be key in the run in to help us secure a mid table position.

Im alright cherrs bobby mate, glad to see your doing well and your ok

DixieDean

Been wondering where Bobby Conn had gone!
Hey, English Cons used to get sent to Australia years ago!... sorry, bad joke......:wink:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Australia's quite some way to get away from us all Bobby :wink:

BOBBY CONN

:lol: Gun Slinger! There's a blast from the past! Last I heard of him he was on the Gardeners world forum causing mayhem!

B

Banana Army

Dare i say it, they were the good old days. :lol: Remember the ABBA forums? :lol: