• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Raven on loan???

Player
Johnny Morrissey
It's being reported on various Liverpool sites that we are about to sign David Raven, defender, on loan til the end of the season.

He lives on the Wirral, has played a few first team games for the Reds, appears to be a centre back come right back which we will need after Francis. So all looks good to me, whether it's true or not is another matter.

He picked up a knock in a reserve game last night so wouldn't be available for a couple of weeks but while Francis is here that's no bother. Hope it comes to fruition! :D

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Sounds like a decent loan move. Hasn't he captained the England youth squad :?:

M

Matthew The Rover

He was in our youths before we let him go to Liverpool :(

J

Johnny King is God

can someone link the article please - would like to read it...

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

If we had him why did we let him go? He is a descent player I think. I think I seen him play once when Liverpool was on the tele once

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
Proably wants regualr action, bring him here to PP! :D

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Yes i've heard this too... I think its almost a done deal... I guess it will probably be announced tomorrow or early next week.

Ally

Player
Aldo
"Never more," quoth the Raven.

I hope he's good.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Told ya!

Oh I love it when I'm right :D

Another scoop on White Review folks 8)

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

AYE AYE well done SCSS. Raven to come to Rovers. Lets see if he can perform for us

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Is he on loan or a proper signing? the site mentions a fee????

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
Loan, according to my dad hes deffo signed, is that true?

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Looks like it... just waiting for him to get rid of this injury before he signs properly.

he's highly thought of at liverpool so this would be a crackin signing if it was to come off! however i would like to see little do the same in other areas of our team!whilst o'leary is ok,he's nothin special and i feel the money would be better spent on a more attack minded midfielder!

B

Banana Army

OK this was brought for Train ride reading so don't judge my lack of intelectual paper reading here, but i was suprised when opening the Daily Star to Footie transfer page, to find sandwhiched in between Simao moving for close on £17m and Georgios £6m to City, was Raven's switch to us. Im normally hardpressed to even found us mentioned in a transfer round up thread on a shitty website never mind a paper

S

Seanyb

According to sky sports Ravens loan deal will be completed by tuesday (tomorrow)

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Yeah it will deffo be completed... just something about waiting for injury he picked up in a reserve game to clear before he signs.