• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Q an A friday

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I thought MP looked very tired, which is understandable with the tribulations of the last twelve months.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
No mention on the legal challenge at all which is disappointing really.

Player
Manager
John King
No mention on the legal challenge at all which is disappointing really.
NP has tweeted that she will discuss it in full on another occasion.

I thought it was interesting that they said the recruitment process has changed in the last twelve months.

Player
aldo
MP has had cancer in the past so could be to do with that, or just the running of a football club, just listing to them guys makes me far more pleased that we have some of the best owners in the football Leauge, with the overseas connections and the things they have done and want to do in the local area is amazing and still they keep pushing. Forward, I think the memorial game could be the last pre-season game.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
NP has tweeted that she will discuss it in full on another occasion.

I thought it was interesting that they said the recruitment process has changed in the last twelve months.
Not sure exactly what has changed on recruitment, although could be argued a number of the signings would be comfortable in league 1.

As for still being active in China, America & other countries it's the financial benefit for the club that's most important but I'm not sure if weve had much benefit of it.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy

Reactions: Boz
Player
Manager
John King
Yes, you cant guarantee a profit from any venture.

It was also interesting that MP said our highest paid player is on £1,500 per week, considerably lower than some rumours have suggested (regarding Ray and Payne for example).

I got the impression overall that they feel their work is largely done and would be willing to hand the club over to the right buyer.

Last edited:

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Interesting the Mark emphasises the point that ‘finances won’t constrain us’ when possibly signing a player before the deadline. We won’t be signing Ronaldo he said but this suggests we may bring in a signing that will be well known and or make a difference.
He also said he has a bit more involvement in signings than he used to, along with his agent mate. Keith says who he wants but ultimately Mark has to sign it off which is fair enough as it’s his money. MP also mentioned having senior players like Spearing and Clarke being as important as the manager when in the dressing room with Peter being someone we’ve been after for a couple of years

Player
Manager
John King
Yes, the recruitment changes have clearly had a positive impact in the last year, although the wage cap is still probably the biggest factor in making us more competitive in the transfer market and is the main reason the division is so tight this season.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'll try and watch the full session over the weekend, the initial transmission was patchy. On the salary cap, Mark mentioned we were just under at present, so it must be a challenge to get the players in we want/need without breaking that regulation and keeping the squad size as permitted.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Yes, you cant guarantee a profit from any venture.

It was also interesting that MP said our highest paid player is on £1,500 per week, considerably lower than some rumours have suggested (regarding Ray and Payne for example).

I got the impression overall that they feel their work is largely done and would be willing to hand the club over to the right buyer.
They had relegation clauses in as all of the squad had, Payne also got decent appearance money on top of basic wage

Player
Manager
John King
They had relegation clauses in as all of the squad had, Payne also got decent appearance money on top of basic wage
True, but I have seen figures elsewhere showing a number of players on 2k per week this season, which is clearly overstated.

Player
aldo
yes and the person who overspent on food and booze got fired wirral live just did not have the advertisement and the demand for some of it was crap too that's why it was bined if they could have made on it they would have kept it going