• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Friendly pre season

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I was impressed by most of the new signings. Kahn looked very comfortable on the ball and was creative, playing a great through ball to Vaughan in the first half which was judged off side. Spearing had an impressive range of passing and seemed to get stronger as the game went on. Lewis was tidier on the ball than I expected. Both full backs looked capable and MacDonald's distribution was good.
I was expecting a bit more from Khan after he sounded one of our better performers v Warrington, started brightly, but seemed to fade out of the game. Couldn't fathom out who was playing left-back when Rides came on but MacDonald stayed on, was Callum playing wing-back and Liam central defence?

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I was expecting a bit more from Khan after he sounded one of our better performers v Warrington, started brightly, but seemed to fade out of the game. Couldn't fathom out who was playing left-back when Rides came on but MacDonald stayed on, was Callum playing wing-back and Liam central defence?
Yes, I think Ridehalgh moved into the centre of defence and we switched to a back five. We probably looked more comfortable after the tactical change.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Agree with RLC that Vaughan on his own up front was probably due to the opposition. Nors was in his prime and suited to it whereas Vaughan is older, slower and more of a penalty box poacher type. Ferrier can do the job better but assume he wasn’t fit.

a good result overall against a decent side. A tougher challenge at Burnley awaits but some good early signs on some aspects of our game.

Player
aldo
lol, he might be from the shreak a huge big troll. I have not seen the game or reports at least we got a goal and more game time in the legs that's all that matters off to bed now tired

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I thought the lads played some good stuff at times. Neat on the ball and although the one up front wasn't ideal, the players we have brought in look promising. It also reminded me what a great outlet CBT is on the left side. He'll cause problems in division two with his pace and directness.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It also reminded me what a great outlet CBT is on the left side. He'll cause problems in division two with his pace and directness.
Exactly. He has the potential to be a key player next season. No-one else in the squad comes close to what he offers. I just hope he will be staying as he'd be difficult to replace.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Agree with RLC that Vaughan on his own up front was probably due to the opposition. Nors was in his prime and suited to it whereas Vaughan is older, slower and more of a penalty box poacher type. Ferrier can do the job better but assume he wasn’t fit.

a good result overall against a decent side. A tougher challenge at Burnley awaits but some good early signs on some aspects of our game.
I think that the one up front may have been due to player availability. If Ferrier was injured and MJ wanted to give everybody part of a game it wouldn't have been possible to play 2 up top without dragging somebody out of position.

Player
Manager
John King
Charlton, please reconsider staying on this forum of which you've been a member since 2009 and which is supposedly the voice of the whole Tranmere Rovers community and not just that of one individual. You're not the first, and you won't be the last, to fall foul of his arrogance which when challenged reverts to victimhood. It's a shame that it's me and not the moderator of the site that's making this statement, so please stay on board, your views are welcomed by the majority of us I'm sure.
The aggression came from him originally in this instance. I had made an inoffensive remark which disagreed with his and several other people's comments, but mentioned nobody personally. You clearly have not followed the content of this thread.

I have not suggested that anybody should leave the forum and I would appreciate it if you could end your constant trolling of my posts and negative comments directed at me personally.

Player
Manager
John King
The club have confirmed that all behind closed doors matches are available to season ticket holders free of charge on Ifollow. The cup matches and away games are £10 each.

Reactions: Ian

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
The club have confirmed that all behind closed doors matches are available to season ticket holders free of charge on Ifollow. The cup matches and away games are £10 each.
hopefully get some uptake from non season ticket holders to generate some more income.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
The Club can confirm all season ticket holders will receive an iFollow match pass for all home league matches for the 2020/21 season until it is safe for crowds to return to Prenton Park.

This means iFollow passes provided by the Club for season ticket holders for home league matches will not continue once season ticket holders are allowed back in the stadium. This offer will only apply for fans who purchase a season ticket before 4th October and this deadline has been set by the EFL to all football clubs who run the iFollow service.

Season ticket holders will be given priority by the Club to enter the stadium on a matchday once we are allowed to open our doors for supporters.

In the event that number of season ticket holders exceeds the number of supporters permitted to enter the stadium, we will send out a further communication on how the football club will manage this situation fairly. In such circumstances, any season ticket holders not permitted to attend will be still given a match pass to watch the game via iFollow.
I wonder when we'll be allowed back in? We could be watching Rovers on iFollow for the rest of the season!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I wonder when we'll be allowed back in? We could be watching Rovers on iFollow for the rest of the season!
The plan is start of october, Brighton have a game Saturday which is being used as a test event.