• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Friendly pre season

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I don't know whether it has been posted elsewhere, but we are at home to Warrington on Saturday afternoon and Preston next Tuesday, both with 3 PM kick offs.

The Preston game is being screened on the club's YouTube channel.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Pity the Warrington game isn't getting screened, as it would be interesting to see how the Rovers old boys are getting on. Mackreth, Duggan, Dunn and now Evan Gumbs in their squad.

Player
aldo
the dude I know was right. wow I am tired we have been battered the sooner this months over the better

ADD

Player
Norwood
Wonder if today's game will go ahead given the weather conditions?

Player
aldo
we need it to and also be a massive test for the pitch imagine if it was called off due to water on it would not go down to well if I'm honest

TRFC Finland

Player
Liam Ridehalgh
Oops accidently posted the message on the Squad forum haha my bad... it's on Prestons Youtube channel

ADD

Player
Norwood
Team for this afternoon to start
Murphy, McDonald, Clarke, Manny, O'Connor, Morris, Spearing, banks, Khan CBT and Vaughan. Nelson and Ray both on the bench. No triallists (slight concern??) and only youth player is the keeper. Looking forward to first football fix in 5 months - hope conditions are ok?

Incidentally the Blackpol Gazette had an article with their manager saying McDonald not guaranteed first team footbal at Blackpool hence why he went to us! Suggests that there is maybe a clause in the loan that he is guaranteed a start?

TRFC Finland

Player
Liam Ridehalgh
It is also on our YouTube channel.

Shouldn't be as Nicola tweeted about it
"Yes - to keep the numbers of people in the stadium to a minimum, and keep costs down it was agreed that only one stream would be provided. They have promised to try to provide neutral commentary though"

TRFC Finland

Player
Liam Ridehalgh
Team for this afternoon to start
Murphy, McDonald, Clarke, Manny, O'Connor, Morris, Spearing, banks, Khan CBT and Vaughan. Nelson and Ray both on the bench. No triallists (slight concern??) and only youth player is the keeper. Looking forward to first football fix in 5 months - hope conditions are ok?

Incidentally the Blackpol Gazette had an article with their manager saying McDonald not guaranteed first team footbal at Blackpool hence why he went to us! Suggests that there is maybe a clause in the loan that he is guaranteed a start?

I heavily doubt there would be a clause guaranteed him a start..

ADD

Player
Norwood
Yeah watching on pne yt. Great picture decent commentary and God does the pitch look good...

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Yeah watching on pne yt. Great picture decent commentary and God does the pitch look good...
Looks so good I'm cringing every time somebody slides on it!

Charlton1975

Player
Jason Koumas
1-0 Preston - its been coming. Tranmere are playing like they are hanging on in the last minute of a match, just hoofing it back to them whenever we get the ball. No composure shown for the first 30 mins, long balls into the channel seem to be the order of the day. Preston look good on the ball, very neat and tidy.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Preston lead 1-0 at the break plus have hit the post. Fairly even start but they bossed thereafter. Vaughan seems isolated with Khan supporting in a 5 man midfield.