• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Friendly pre season

Player
aldo
I have been told by a friend who as I have said before works at the ground we have two games coming up the first is 22nd Aug and the other is the 25th. don't know if they're at pp but with his job, it's most likely they are that's all the info I got

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Thanks, AM. As there will be no crowds anyway, there may not be any need to play at PP. They could be at Solar Campus.

Player
aldo
he works in the health and safety part of the club and is on all home match days that's my thinking but he knows more than me and just said the dates no clubs or places some clubs are screening there games for £5 each I would pay to see that

ADD

Player
Norwood
Read elsewhere that we supposedly had our first friendly today at Moss Rose. We beat Macclesfield apparently with goals from Vaughan, Ferrier & Walker-Rice.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Somebody made it up on facebook, there was no game yesterday.

Player
aldo
well as I've said we have at least two games coming on the 22nd and 25th those are at least the ones I know and my mate works with the security side of things at the ground

ADD

Player
Norwood
Lost 1-0 to TNS - Jacko out - that's a joke!!

Two different sides out for each half - so must have been a lot of youth players....

Also Matty Foulds and Fraser Preston were supposed to be playing! Would be great if they came in. Also suggestion Ellis is training with the squad.....

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
First half XI: Davies, O’Connor, Clarke, Monthe, Ridehalgh, Banks, Spearing, Blackett-Taylor, Trialist, Vaughan, Ferrier

Second half XI: Trialist, Hayde, Ray, Trialist, Gouldbourne, Walker-Rice, Lewis, Khan, Payne, Nugent, Morris

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The first half xi looks stronger than the second half xi, without knowing anything about the triallists. Only Morris of the second half was a regular last season.

Just noticed Nelson didn’t feature in either half, wonder if any significance in his absence.

Last edited:

ADD

Player
Norwood
Confirmed it was Murphy in goal so him Preston and Foulds

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
The first half team looks a very strong side, but how could they lose without scoring? Eight of the team played regularly together last season and Spearing and O'Connor should have been improvements.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The first half team looks a very strong side, but how could they lose without scoring? Eight of the team played regularly together last season and Spearing and O'Connor should have been improvements.
TNS are three weeks ahead of us in terms of fitness and most of our players have not had a game for six months.

I would not read much into it.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Higgy, he was with Sheffield Wednesday.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Thanks Boz. Looks like we're filing in a few squad places now.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Listening to Jacko on YT- he said the fitness simply wasn't there - and he hadn't expected it to be. Said in both halfs good for 20 minutes and then "leggy" thereafter. They have also been training every day before the game so no surprise I guess.