• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

pre season

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Also Walsall at home on the 27th. Not the most attractive fixture.

Player
aldo
its all about the money talking to mp and np a few years back it paid for cooks and Norwoods wages for a whole season

Player
ian goodison
will be a great occasion if Liverpool as champions do come here, will have no problem with thousand's of reds paying £20 into rovers kitty

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Personally, I would rather acknowledge our own successes at Prenton Park. It is not as if we have not got anything to celebrate ourselves.

Player
aldo
true but they give us all the money . and not being Funney but the club cant say no to it im afraid to say i would not go my self . if im honest

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
its all about the money talking to mp and np a few years back it paid for cooks and Norwoods wages for a whole season
If that's so, the Reds are partly responsible for us getting out of the NL.
True, but I still don't enjoy it. The integrity of the club matters, as well as the money.
I'm not sure what this has to do with the integrity of the club, just playing a pre-season friendly against a local EPL team. I'm delighted that the European champions are coming to Prenton Park. They could have easily cried off. We both have something to celebrate, so let's see some flags and banners.

Player
Manager
John King

I'm not sure what this has to do with the integrity of the club, just playing a pre-season friendly against a local EPL team. I'm delighted that the European champions are coming to Prenton Park. They could have easily cried off. We both have something to celebrate, so let's see some flags and banners.
Prenton Park is the home of Tranmere Rovers, not Liverpool, and I don't enjoy seeing the ground being taken over by Liverpool 'supporters' ('followers' is probably a better term, as I doubt most of them have ever visited Anfield) who comprise 90% of the crowd. Any Liverpool supporter would feel the same way if a visiting team outnumbered their support at Anfield. In addition, our visitors have behaved poorly at previous matches, invading the pitch (newly laid), setting off flares and generally showing the club a lack of respect.

It all contributes to an atmosphere that I don't enjoy; I am looking forward to the Heswall friendly far more.

I am sorry I don't share your love of all things Liverpool FC, but this is a Tranmere forum and I am entitled to my view (shared by others - see the comments above).

Player
Manager
John King
Perhaps I should not mention the EPP rules which Liverpool and the other 'elite' clubs foisted on the lower divisions, which effectively forced the closure of our academy and cost us millions in potential future player sales. Or their television deals which greatly increase the financial gulf between the Premier League, Championship and lower divisions and increasingly make it difficult for clubs like us to survive even at our 'natural' levels. Or their marketing campaigns directed at the Wirral which deprive us of thousands of potential young supporters, despite the best efforts of the club through programmes like 'SWA2'.

Liverpool FC has a massively detrimental effect on Tranmere Rovers, whatever crumbs they throw us from their table.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
RLC, your response is not unexpected. Your dislike of Liverpool FC and the Premier League is well-known. However, both exist and we have to co-exist with them. What would you have done/said if instead of drawing Spurs at home in the cup last season, Liverpool had come out of the hat?

Player
Manager
John King
RLC, your response is not unexpected. Your dislike of Liverpool FC and the Premier League is well-known. However, both exist and we have to co-exist with them. What would you have done/said if instead of drawing Spurs at home in the cup last season, Liverpool had come out of the hat?
If we had played Liverpool in the Cup they would have been allocated 2,000 tickets in the Cowshed like any other away team, as was the case for the Quarter Final in 2001. They would not have been invited to treat Prenton Park as 'Anfield B' for the night, so it would have been a completely different atmosphere to the friendly game.

Just for the record, I don't have any greater dislike of Liverpool than any other Premier League team, but I think our independence as a club is important. I appreciate we need the money from the friendly fixture, but I don't want us to become in any way subservient to them, and I resent the idea that we are back in the League because of their 'charity'.

I also want to make it clear that none of my comments are directed at you personally, even though it might come across that way.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
RLC, I have never taken any of your comments personally. I know you to be a genuine fan who has strong opinions. All I will add in reply to your last post is that I don't regard LFC's visit as charity and I didn't say that we are only where we are because of Juergen Klopp. That's nonsense.