• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

pre season

ADD

Player
Norwood
Fascinating to see so many very strong felt opinions on here about this. I respect all of those strong feelings and yes the PL teams have altogether screwed the lower league clubs and continue to do so BUT that isn't going to change any time soon sadly so if we have 12,000 Liverpool fans paying £20 each so we clear over £250k after booze sales etc. which pays for an extra 2 players for the season for free we just can't justify turning down their offer IMO. We simply can't afford at this stage in our development to turn down such a cash inflow given we lost over £1m last year... One other thought Jurgen Klopp has always impressed me as a manager and he seems like a genuine guy. Now we are back in L1 having some of their youth players either playing a bit part or watching from the sidelines seeing Tranmere in action in a full stadium might encourage them with Klopp with Achterberg's support to think very seriously that loaning out some of their youth players to their local L1 team is a good move should we be in the market?

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
ADD, I'm not sure that anybody has said that the match shouldn't take place or that the additional cash inflow isn't welcome. And, for what it's worth, I think Klopp is a like a breath of fresh air and a lot more engaging than most PL managers. I still won't be going, though; I hated the experience a couple of years ago.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'm in agreement that the match itself is a horrid experience. I went last year and hated it. I won't be going this year.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Nobody has claimed that the fixture is not necessary financially, but that does not make it enjoyable to attend.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I’ve never been and won’t be this time, but it’s a case of holding your nose and taking their money. Did go to a friendly in the 90s v Everton, which wasn’t too painful, but think that was before the Premiership was in place?

Player
aldo
get it played take the cash move on . fill the ground rip the red fans off then the proper stuff can start

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I’ve never been and won’t be this time, but it’s a case of holding your nose and taking their money. Did go to a friendly in the 90s v Everton, which wasn’t too painful, but think that was before the Premiership was in place?
I can beat that. I went to a pre-season game against Liverpool back in 1971! This was just after Kevin Keegan joined them. He had a stormer and was picked for the opening league game soon after. As I remember, the atmosphere was fairly relaxed, but there wasn't a particularly big crowd.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
That was a very different era BBTC. The games against Everton and Liverpool I went to in the nineties were fine as the visiting fans were genuine supporters, stuck to the segregated areas and behaved decently. The new breed of 'supporter' that turns up for the Liverpool friendly now is very different; generally Sky TV viewers that have no knowledge of, or respect for, clubs like us.

drwhoman

Pool are coming to PP for their own purposes but we get a good financial outcome. It helps our team as well. I understand your frustration RLC but we can only deal with the hand we are given.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
That was a very different era BBTC. The games against Everton and Liverpool I went to in the nineties were fine as the visiting fans were genuine supporters, stuck to the segregated areas and behaved decently. The new breed of 'supporter' that turns up for the Liverpool friendly now is very different; generally Sky TV viewers that have no knowledge of, or respect for, clubs like us.
Exactly. So much has changed in 48 years!

Player
aldo
now peeps we gotta remember the real pr season starts after the circus has left . i will be at radcliffe fc thats when the real work starts

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
We are playing Livingstone at their place behind closed doors on July 6th, will be part of the Scottish training camp

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
We are playing Livingstone at their place behind closed doors on July 6th, will be part of the Scottish training camp
Bit of a shame there isn’t an open game north of the border. Couldn’t do Dunfermline last year but might have tried a Scots awayday if available.