• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Pre-season friendlies

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I notice we kept up our 100% pre-season record with a 2-0 win at Marine today, having beaten Rhyl 5-0 last night.

Lowe scored again and seems to be in great form, even allowing for the poor quality of the opposition. Horwood has made a favourable impression at left back, Kirby appears to be progressing and a couple of the trialists seem decent. However, Akpro does not seem to have featured so far: is he injured again ?

I am hoping to take in my first game at Altrincham on Tuesday where I would imagine we will start with a full strength eleven.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I notice we kept up our 100% pre-season record with a 2-0 win at Marine today, having beaten Rhyl 5-0 last night.

Lowe scored again and seems to be in great form, even allowing for the poor quality of the opposition. Horwood has made a favourable impression at left back, Kirby appears to be progressing and a couple of the trialists seem decent. However, Akpro does not seem to have featured so far: is he injured again ?
Pre-season seems to be going really well. I've never known so many convincing wins. It's not that easy, as we have been putting out two different teams in each match and with so many trialists, it must be impossible for the sides to gel.

I haven't heard anything from the club about JLAA. He's not away on international duty, so he must have a knock. I assume it's not too serious as Ronnie would probably have mentioned it.

andrewesq

Faith Light Strength
Player
Billy Woods
Excellent pre season so far but early days, will be interesting to see how we go against Burnley
If Lowe can keep this ratio up during the season we should do well

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I know it's difficult to take too much away from friendlies but Lowe really is banging them in. I'm hoping we've now found someone who knows where the net is. Could make a real difference to our season.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
First friendly against League opposition at Accrington Stanley.......1 down after 49 mins.
Now 1-1 Atkinson equalises for Rovers after 78 minutes.
Final whistle just gone.....finishes 1-1.

Last edited: