• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Potential stadium move

ADD

Player
Norwood
The tone of that email suggests some are not happy about a possible move. I could be wrong.
Think you may be wrong there Ian. I don't see any "tone" in it at all - surely widespread consultation is important as the Club needs to take the supporters with it?
It should be obvious to anyone that many supporters will be unhappy with a ground move. Many others will be against a ground move in principal for personal convenience/ nostalgia reasons but will be swayed by MP's assertion that a ground move is the only way to make the club a "sustainable Championship club". Some may want a ground move irrespective. However the survey seems unnnecessarily very short even if it is not an official club survey.
Why not ask If we move to Bidston Moss would that mean you are likely to attend more of less often?
How often do you attend each season?
Would it affect your season ticket renewal?
Do you currently walk to the ground?
Would you be willing to take public transport to get to the ground? etc. etc.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The simplest way to conduct the survey at this stage, when so little is known about the move, is to simply ask people whether they are in favour in principle or not. It is just a pity the survey question does not make sense.

I know that some people high up in the TROSC / Trust are hostile but that should not influence the supporter survey.

ADD

Player
Norwood
The simplest way to conduct the survey at this stage, when so little is known about the move, is to simply ask people whether they are in favour in principle or not. It is just a pity the survey question does not make sense.

I know that some people high up in the TROSC / Trust are hostile but that should not influence the supporter survey.
Agreed it's poor that the first question is so badly worded although I am sure the intent is that you vote Yes if you want to stay at PP and No if you don't!
Interesting re the TROSC/ Trust heirachy RLC thanks - wasn't aware of that but agree the survey should be neutral for sure.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The question is loaded because it asks whether we would prefer to see the Main Stand at Prenton Park redeveloped, when we don't even know if that is a financial possibility. It presents staying at Prenton Park and redeveloping as a firm option, when it is potentially unviable, other than maintaining the status quo with the ground in its current state.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I agree the survey is poorly worded and too brief to explore even the basis of fan opinion. However I do have reservations about Bidston Moss being the panacea for all our current issues. Hopefully the assessment the club are conducting will be of the warts and all variety rather than something that would happily fit in the pages of Pravda.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Firstly apologies, as it would seem that the first question of the survey sent out yesterday was confusing to some members. We have therefore re-written the first question, that will hopefully remove any confusion.

Due to the above we have deleted the survey from yesterday and added a new link below. We would ask all members to complete the survey again.

Once again we apologise for this inconvenience.

Following the announcement by the club of the intention to carry out a feasibility study, for a potential move to Bidston Moss, we thought it is important to gauge the initial views of the Trust members. We have therefore created a very short survey to see what your thoughts are. We are also liaising with TROSC over this, as they also feel it is important to gauge the feelings of members.

Can you click on the link below to carry out this survey.
https://us2.list-manage.com/survey?u=d77a3236eed4059f150d75cce&id=c4b9ece679&e=b1935affd8
If you have any questions or further comments please send them to mark_r@tranmereroverstrust.co.uk

Many Thanks
The Trust Board.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Video also further down. Good video.