• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Potential stadium move

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ohh just to clarify, I don't mean he wouldnt do a risk assessment, I meant he wouldnt leave us in a hole! :speechless:

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
One thing which has been raised elsewhere is that with this proposed ground move, Rovers go from owning their own ground to being tenants. Even if it’s a relatively low rent and long term, still less secure than the status quo.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
One thing which has been raised elsewhere is that with this proposed ground move, Rovers go from owning their own ground to being tenants. Even if it’s a relatively low rent and long term, still less secure than the status quo.
We will own the ground itself, so it is not a comparable situation to a club like Coventry who did not own their stadium.

We would not be 'tenants' in the strict sense. It would be a similar situation to a homeowner with a thousand year lease paying a trivial, peppercorn rent on the land the house occupies.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
This would require a significant injection of capital or a substantial loan to fund the building of the new stadium and the other facilities the club will own. The sale of PP surely won't raise enough.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
This would require a significant injection of capital or a substantial loan to fund the building of the new stadium and the other facilities the club will own. The sale of PP surely won't raise enough.
Prenton Park is a prime site to build houses on

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Prenton Park is a prime site to build houses on
Absolutely. Apparantly worth 36m but not sure where that figure has been plucked from.

Player
ian goodison
being 73 and remembering going to rovers on the 28/28a buses from Bromborough and also relying on a lift I selfishly would like to stay put, but as others have pointed out the well-being of the clubs future is far more important,

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
being 73 and remembering going to rovers on the 28/28a buses from Bromborough and also relying on a lift I selfishly would like to stay put, but as others have pointed out the well-being of the clubs future is far more important,
You make a valid point, KTF. Hopefully, public transport issues will be considered as part of the feasibility study. By the time the development is open, I would hope there would be more bus routes serving Bidston Dock, including some from Bromborough. With other similar moves, free transport has been laid on from the old ground to the new, but that would only be a temporary stopgap. Better direct services are what is needed.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The Bidston Dock site is already pretty well served by public transport, with North station five minutes walk away and several bus routes nearby. It would actually be easier to get to than Prenton Park for most people on the Wirral.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
My Dad is 82, from Bromborough, and has reacted with horror to the thought of a move. I suspect I've got plenty of time to persuade him - God willing!

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
at the end of the day, the new ground will have state-of-the-art function suites and will be used for concerts not the way they tried it at pp it will be run as a separate business, and pp loses so much money through the repairs to the stadium they need to do to the old ground and with the drains fucked and it would cost Millions to sort and they would not be using the stadium over the weeks and months as they would with the new stadia

Reactions: Ian

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Following the announcement by the club of the intention to carry out a feasibility study, for a potential move to Bidston Moss, we thought it is important to gauge the initial views of the Trust members. We have therefore created a very short survey to see what your thoughts are.

We are also liaising with TROSC over this, as they also feel it is important to gauge the feelings of members.
Can you click on the link below to carry out this survey.
https://us2.list-manage.com/survey?u=d77a3236eed4059f150d75cce&id=9255dce2c4&e=b1935affd8

If you have any questions or further comments please send them to mark_r@tranmereroverstrust.co.uk

Many Thanks
The Trust Board.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
OK, not sure how to answer the first question.

Would you prefer to stay at Prenton Park and potentially see a redeveloped Main Stand, or move to a new stadium at Bidston Moss?

If I say yes, am i saying yes to stay at Prenton Park or move to a new stadium?!
The choice is yes, no, not sure.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
The tone of that email suggests some are not happy about a possible move. I could be wrong.

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
I just hope the club goes about this in the right way it's not if but when we move to another ground I hope they have 4 or 5 different food and drink outlets per stand doing different foods and drinks and not taking the piss on prices, last Thursday we had a Captains of Captains day we had 300 people at the club and it was fab but very stressful and challenging, in the evening they went to Craxston wood Hotel and had the piss was taken out of then £50 for 4 drinks £40 for house wine and the food £45 a head for soup, salmon, and strawberries and ice cream bargain oh and 45 mins wait between courses not good enough so serve shit it will come back to get you, so I hope rovers do it right and provide a bangin product hell we deserve it

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
so the £200k that was needed has been given the results should be in around Jan 2023, at least it is moving